Careful What You Say! Nurse Investigated for Encouraging Suicide on Internet

spenac

This isn't about being careful with what you say, it's a valuable lesson in identifying pathological issues in someone who's supposed to be a patient advocate. I'm glad this guy's license has been revoked, at the very least. I'm surprised that it got this far, with allegations of roughness throughout his past... if that is the case, someone screwed up somewhere along the line and this guy should have been identified and yanked a long time ago.

Scary stuff to be sure.

Wendy

CO EMT-B

Just because it wasn't done sooner doesn't mean that it hadn't been reported. I reported a case where a CNA manhandled my mildly uncooperative ("Why am I going there? I don't want to go?" and so on. No violence. No threats.) long term care psych patient to my gurney without even asking if I needed help. Yea, the investigation concluded that nothing bad happened.

• Like 3

All I can do is just shake my head this guy had some problems of his own. Maybe he should have spent his time trying to do something more constructive instead of distructive.

He was trolling those boards with one purpose in mind that was to get his kicks. This saddens me as it my profession as a nurse that has a black mark on it. But really we should be careful what we say or do online cause it can and does come back to haunt us. I think he needs a psych eval himself.

I wonder if they couldn't pursue, or at least closely monitor him based on his psychological proclivities associated with serial murder?

Imagine, investigate, accomplish, practice, improve (something like that). When reading "Journey into Darkness" I think it was (A book written by the man that imagined and then developed the behavioral science unit for the FBI) he states that stalking should be one of our highest priority crimes, as "Stalking is a proved preventable murder." Perhaps there's available fodder there, related to how committed he was to making contact with the same individuals on different occasions?

Not sure, but I wonder how far the leap is from fantasizing over these things, to trolling these sites, to encouraging these suicides, to possibly forcefully hanging the less than willing?

Of course, I'm making many assumptions based of a few lines in a newspaper mixed with some years old psychology classes, and it is 0400, so that might all just be crap... :-)

Either way, should it be Dylan found hanging, I can guarantee that the end of his life would make an interesting M&M. (No, not candy, Morbidity and Mortality review)

Dwayne

• Like 4

what do you mean by that?

In one of his books, at the time I read them he'd written three, John Douglas claims that staking should be one of the police's highest priorities as very often it concludes in murder. (I shouldn't have offered Journey Into Darkness as the source as I don't really remember which one these thoughts came from. Sorry about that.)

So it follows, according to him, that if you terminate the stalking, then very often you will prevent a murder. Again, he claims the stats to make such a claim and it seems if anyone would know, he would, so I simply accepted his statement at face value.

I found all three of his books riveting, for what that's worth, should you ever want to take a look at them.

Dwayne

• Like 3

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.