Greetings From Central Florida

MrB_EMT

Just joined today, joined another forum that looked, after a few minutes, to be a little dead and boring. Found a post on that forum about this forum it looked as though it might not be so boring, so I came for a look see. I like what I see so far...

I am new to the EMS field as well, only passing my NREMT just yesterday. I was a little worried that my test stopped at 80ish, but low and behold I passed it, and there was much rejoicing. I look forward to my continuing education, currently enrolled in medic school and searching for an EMT position to start getting experience. After looking around the forum a little bit I could not help but notice there are a lot of resources here that may just be able to help out.

Welcome to our CITY we are a good bunch here, we will try to keep the boring down a bit just for you new guy! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Woot another Floridian! Hiya

Just joined today, joined another forum that looked, after a few minutes, to be a little dead and boring. Found a post on that forum about this forum it looked as though it might not be so boring, so I came for a look see. I like what I see so far...

I am new to the EMS field as well, only passing my NREMT just yesterday. I was a little worried that my test stopped at 80ish, but low and behold I passed it, and there was much rejoicing. I look forward to my continuing education, currently enrolled in medic school and searching for an EMT position to start getting experience. After looking around the forum a little bit I could not help but notice there are a lot of resources here that may just be able to help out.

Welcome... and sorry about spenac... we never should have elected him as director of the greetings committee. It is a failure of us all.

• Like 1

Welcome... and sorry about spenac... we never should have elected him as director of the greetings committee. It is a failure of us all.

Hey I said he was too OLD for the job I was out voted!!!!!!!!!! I am innocent I tell ya I am innocent :innocent::innocent::innocent:

Welcome to the city!!!! It's always nice to have another Floridian around......... All those Texans get a lil overhwelming...... :fish:

Edited by Niftymedi911

Truth be told I wasn't always a Floridian, and really don't make much of a claim to be a very happy one. I don't like Florida all that much, well, Orlando is the problem I think, it is not really where I see myself. I could live on the Keys or in New Smyrnia and be just fine really, but Orlando saps the soul. I have been other things in my life, a Washingtonioan (Seattle), a Bostonian, a Chicagoite, a New Orleanean, and grew up a Michgander (Grand Rapids/Petoskey). I had been a Chef for the past 20 years which afforded me many opportunities to experience different places. I became disheartened with the culinary industry, and thought it was time for a career change.

I am attending Valencia College for my medic, they have a great program there. I am taking "Structures and Functions" and "Medical Terminology" now and start full time in January with the other courses for the program.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.