911 Dispatch chart

SA_Medic

Evening Folks,

I am in the process of setting up a decent dispatch / alarm centre and was wondering if anyone here would be able to help me out with something. Some years ago I had the good fortune of taking a tour of the US of A and managed to fit NYC, Boston, DC and Miami 911 Dispatch into my tour schedule with the help of some friendly folks.

They used a flip chart of some sort to aid them in taking details and give basic first aid via the phone to the caller. I am trying to find one of these charts. If anyone knows where I can download it that would be great, I am willing to pay for postage if needed to.

Thanking you in advance

S

Excellent, thank you. How's that for service with a smile :) Always knew I can trust the city members for help

Aww see S we are a helpful bunch. If you need more just shoot me a pm.

Aww see S we are a helpful bunch. If you need more just shoot me a pm.

Hey ya lady, The more the merrier. I would ideally like to look at more than one and try and combine the best of them all so it would work for us out here in the sticks and desert.

THe "flip cards" are probably the desktop set of AMPDS - advanced medical priority dispatch system.

We use it here (but we use ProQA (the computer based system) and have the cards as a backup) and while it is not perfect it's still a very good system.

If I may stress one thing you NEED people with medical knowledge doing the call taking and even more experienced people with MORE medical knowledge doing the dispatching.

If I may stress one thing you NEED people with medical knowledge doing the call taking and even more experienced people with MORE medical knowledge doing the dispatching.

Yep, I am in the process of getting them all trained to be able to assist on the phone seeing as they are call takers and dispatchers rolled into one. I am intending on doing this in the correct and best possible manner to ensure the environment we operate in get's maximum benefit out of it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.