Somebody Doesn't Like TRAUMA

bbledsoe

Hasn't everyone? :unsure:

I remember when they were introduced in the mid 70's and we all wished we could have them, but were still stuck tying cravats onto Thomas Half Ring splints instead because our employers were too cheap. But between around 1978 and 1986, the Hare was all I ever used anywhere. Then the Sager came out and pretty well took over. I applied a buttload of Hares and Thomas Half Rings over the years though.

I've always been taught that femur fracture = c-spine. If it's strong enough to break the femur, the trauma docs want the patient immobilized until a CAT scan is done.

But I digress.

Edited by ut-napishtin

I always teach to think for yourself, using your education and intelligence to develop a plan that is appropriate for your patient and their situation, instead of getting blindly bogged down in mindless, blanket "one size fits all" protocols that are not beneficial to him.

I always teach to think for yourself, using your education and intelligence to develop a plan that is appropriate for your patient and their situation, instead of getting blindly bogged down in mindless, blanket "one size fits all" protocols that are not beneficial to him.

I'm taking notes from "Trauma" on how to do this job.

• Like 1

A c-spine wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing in the case of a femur fracture. If the patient experienced enough force to break his femur, the spine could very well be damaged.

I learned that off Trauma.

I would agree that the femur patient in the episode certainly qualified for c-spine under any currently accepted protocol. Although I have never broken my femur, I'm sure it's a distracting painful injury. Although yeah, that would take a back seat to haemorrhage control.

Yea know how to pull this Trauma show's pants up ....

Use that guy Bledsoe as the tech advisor ... all in favor say EH! :thumbsup:

What a win-win that would be!

Blondie's boobs and continuing education to boot!

It just shows what TV could really be . . .

:)

• Like 1

Hah Ha on the ropes after episode #2

This is the swill they are promoting:

Trauma revolves around a group of brave men and women who risk their lives to save others. But now, it’s them who need the saving. The ratings for NBC’s new high-action drama have not been good and, unless they improve, Trauma will be cancelled.

Remember, the most important thing to NBC is for people to watch the show on their television sets while it’s being broadcast. Downloading, watching online, or watching on a DVR days later is all very nice but it really doesn’t help a show’s ratings.

http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/trauma-petition/

Good luck with that. :withstupid:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.