Somebody Doesn't Like TRAUMA

bbledsoe

It's called parody. Month Python made their fortune doing it.

Agreed, although parody is a required taste. I am a huge Monty Python fan as some here can attest to. Not everyone gets it though. Personally, I laughed my ass off at Nicks video! Thanks for offering your perspective Dr. Bledsoe, as always it is greatly appreciated. Edited by JakeEMTP
  • Like 2

Agreed, although parody is a required taste. I am a huge Monty Python fan as some here can attest to. Not everyone gets it though. Personally, I laughed my ass off at Nicks video! Thanks for offering your perspective Dr. Bledsoe, as always it is greatly appreciated.

It tends to lean more towards those naturally witty and sarcastic. Those that aren't tend to take a bit longer to warm up to it if they ever do. It's funny in a way that we can laugh at ourselves and the comments we've made as you know we've all made them on here and make fun of it all. Speaking of which - Dr Bledsoe - has it made it's way to NBC yet? Puts what comes around goes around in a bit different perspective I think. I'm sure your connection on SFF has found humor it in despite his frustration. Thanks for the laugh. Lightened things up.

Trauma portrays us as unprofessional sex crazed sexist adrenaline junkies... THAT'S BAD!

I get that we aren't huge fans of fire monkeys here...but what about Rescue Me. That has been rather successful and really does not portray fire fighters in a very good light to the public. This is not meant to open a bashing of firefighters so please don't even try... but really... I wasn't in EMS when Third Watch came out...did people react this badly to that?

I did not like Trauma just because of the characters and their attitudes. Besides I have class on Tuesday nights so I'll rarely be able to watch it...

I was just really getting into EMS when third watch came out. I had mixed things about it. Some parts good, some parts bad. It did go a bit downhill at the end as Richard stated as it went to just a PD show. Fire was nearly written out of it very early and EMS had just a tailing part at the end, though I still found it as a respectable show for the simple fact the characters were developed fairly well. I did not see the pilot so I can't compare the two, but overall it tried. I could take it or leave it, but I do think they made a bit more effort to portray EMS in a better light though they still had the bimbo female medic (can we have a show where the female has her shirt buttoned? would be really nice) that attempted to kill herself and allowed to go back to work (wouldn't happen here sorry, can't speak for FDNY though - things may be different there). No show is perfect, but yes some are better than others.

Agreed, although parody is a required taste. I am a huge Monty Python fan as some here can attest to. Not everyone gets it though. Personally, I laughed my ass off at Nicks video! Thanks for offering your perspective Dr. Bledsoe, as always it is greatly appreciated.

Very true. Monty Python however, makes no bones about being a parody. Trauma is pretending to be serious which will not help our case with the public. The lay public will have no idea what aspects of the job are being sensationalized on the show (from what I've seen thus far everything). Unfortunately it's hard to promote a professional image when we have many whackers in out midst content with low educational standards. The one positive aspect of the "Naughty Nancy" character is that she is supposedly well educated.

Thank you Dr. Bledsoe for posting the link. It was absolutely hilarious.

Edited by rock_shoes

Praise from Dr. Bledsoe is praise indeed . . .

I just came home from my first day of Paramedic Prep at Daniel Freeman (UCLA). And of course the two textbooks I received both have Dr. Bledsoe's name on them.

It's been a big day for me! Thanks, Dust, for sending him the link.

And thinking about Johnny Gage from "Emergency" looking at something I did, and maybe having a laugh, is the absolute cherry on the cake!

NickD :)

• Like 3

BTW, I got pictures of Dust's latest girlfriend. Like him, she loves those helicopters.

Ok thats a good one too BEB ... :thumbsup:

I think the spelling error was intentional but thats just from a "swamp donkey's" perspective.

Oh any links to get more CRAP for my belt .... good one NickD.

cheers

Edited by tniuqs

At first, I wondered where the video was.

Then someone else emailed me the video.

As much as I dislike the Nazi imagery... if you look past the fact that it's Hitler doing the screaming, and just pay attention to the subtitles, and how they match the voice tones and body language... it is epic!

BTW, I got pictures of Dust's latest girlfriend. Like him, she loves those helicopters.

:blink:

...Adolf Hitler, the worst villain in history...

Don't believe everything you read. ;)

I'm with Kiwimedic (but I'm not going to waste good booze)

Now THAT's funny! :lol:

I did not like Trauma just because of the characters and their attitudes.

That is actually my biggest problem with it too. The characters simply are not likeable. I don't think many people will connect with them enough to want to come back every week, no matter how many explosions they toss in.

Very true. Monty Python however, makes no bones about being a parody. Trauma is pretending to be serious which will not help our case with the public.

True, but we were talking about the video being parody, not the TV show. ;)

Nick, you are THE MAN! :thumbsup:

Too bad Dixie isn't here to see this.

RIP Julie London... 1926 - 2000

26958.gif

44688.JPG

Edited by Dustdevil

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.