Somebody Doesn't Like TRAUMA

bbledsoe

Dust forwarded this video. IT IS SHEER GENIUS. What a great way to vent frustration and identify an issue. I have told everybody to boycott the trauma show and A.J at JEMS is doing the same. I have emailed the link to everybody I know and they love it. I could not resist the chance to send the link to Randolph Mantooth. He'll laugh his ass off. I'll let you know what he says (he loves this kind of stuff). Again, sheer genius lurks somewhere in the confines of this list.

Thanks for letting me in on it.

Bryan Bledsoe, DO, FACEP

P.S. There is an "E" at the end of "Bledsoe" (e.g., Drew Bledsoe). But, it's all good.

Boycott? But it's just such a REAL depicition of EMS!!! (That was sarcasm, love.) It's so much fun to make fun of it, but I don't think boycotting it will do much, it seems destined to crash and burn on it's own. Hopefully it's DNR is valid and properly filled out.

P.S- What video? No link!

Edited by Miss Sasha
  • Like 1

Dust forwarded this video. IT IS SHEER GENIUS. What a great way to vent frustration and identify an issue. I have told everybody to boycott the trauma show and A.J at JEMS is doing the same. I have emailed the link to everybody I know and they love it. I could not resist the chance to send the link to Randolph Mantooth. He'll laugh his ass off. I'll let you know what he says (he loves this kind of stuff). Again, sheer genius lurks somewhere in the confines of this list.

Thanks for letting me in on it.

Bryan Bledsoe, DO, FACEP

P.S. There is an "E" at the end of "Bledsoe" (e.g., Drew Bledsoe). But, it's all good.

Thanks for stopping in we wondered how long it would take you to get it and comment. I'm sure Nick is glad you like it !

I tried to download on my iPhone coming back from Boston today and couldn't. I finally downloaded it at home and laugh every time I watch it. I don't know who Nick is but he has won my respect. What a great video. It is screaming across the internet in EMS and emergency medicine circles. A physician friend from Oregon sent me the link a few minutes ago.

BTW, I got pictures of Dust's latest girlfriend. Like him, she loves those helicopters.

• Like 1

Dr. Bledsoe, I'm curious on what your opinion of shows like House or Grays Anatomy is? The reason I ask is because I feel that a good amount of EMS providers tend to over react to fictional TV shows and the result often puts EMS in a worse light than the show itself. For example, the numerous responses on the NBC message board covering Trauma have been embarrassing at best. Now I will grant that the I have only seen the second episode which might have been much better than the pilot, even if both were chock full of errors. I also remember that a lot of TV shows start off low and slowly build up (as I've mentioned elsewhere, Battlestar Galactica and Stargate both were terrible for their first few episodes). While I can't say that I've become a fan of Trauma, I haven't necessarily written it off yet.

Dr. Bledsoe, I'm curious on what your opinion of shows like House or Grays Anatomy is? The reason I ask is because I feel that a good amount of EMS providers tend to over react to fictional TV shows and the result often puts EMS in a worse light than the show itself. For example, the numerous responses on the NBC message board covering Trauma have been embarrassing at best. Now I will grant that the I have only seen the second episode which might have been much better than the pilot, even if both were chock full of errors. I also remember that a lot of TV shows start off low and slowly build up (as I've mentioned elsewhere, Battlestar Galactica and Stargate both were terrible for their first few episodes). While I can't say that I've become a fan of Trauma, I haven't necessarily written it off yet.

I have never seen Gray's Anatomy (but my daughter loves it). Some of the medicine in House is pretty good (although everybody gets a brain biopsy). First, Princeton does not have a hospital and a team of diagnosticians sitting around waiting for zebra cases would be quickly unemployed. But, the diagnostic decision-making in house can be OK (most internists could not do the microscopic work that occurs on that show). But, in the real world, despite House's apparent genius he would be run off. Such behavior (although attractive to some of us in medicine) would not be tolerated.T

I watched the first episode of Irauma where ever I was that week (Laughlin I think) and it was atrocious. There is no way it will last. I know Seb Wong at San Francisco Fire has tried to guide them in the right direction but it has been all for naught. Any of these television shows (even Mother, Jugs and Speed) have some reality--but very little. I only watched one episode of ER and thought the medicine was OK. I don't have to watch television to see weird things--I work a Level I ED in Las Vegas. There are levels of weird in that city heretofore unseen.

• Like 2

Trauma portrays us as unprofessional sex crazed sexist adrenaline junkies... THAT'S BAD!

That video portrays Adolf Hitler, the worst villain in history, as the head of EMS and Bledsoe, RidRyder, and dustdebil as his Nazi generals... THAT'S FUNNY?

Uhh.... alrighty then... :rolleyes2:

I'm with Kiwimedic (but I'm not going to waste good booze)

However, Downfall was very well done movie. http://www.downfallthefilm.com/

Edited by RavEMTGun
  • Like 1

I had a 4th year student from COMP in the ER last week doing his EM elective and was quite impressed with him. The students from that school in California seem quite good (at least in the ED at UMC).

Trauma portrays us as unprofessional sex crazed sexist adrenaline junkies... THAT'S BAD!

That video portrays Adolf Hitler, the worst villain in history, as the head of EMS and Bledsoe, RidRyder, and dustdebil as his Nazi generals... THAT'S FUNNY?

Uhh.... alrighty then... :rolleyes2:

I'm with Kiwimedic (but I'm not going to waste good booze)

However, Downfall was very well done movie. http://www.downfallthefilm.com/

It's called parody. Month Python made their fortune doing it.

• Like 3

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.