The Perfect EMS TV show.

itku2er

Reality show, all the way. Certainly, show the "cool" stuff but also show a few granny runs and such here and there. I also like the idea (don't remember who suggested it - sorry) of a show about hospital-based EMS. Wonder if it would be too boring for most people though. LOL

Jonathan

would you really expect anything less from hollywood, terri

emtdumbass

Where you been hiding under a rock? Good to have you back! Don't be a stranger :jump:

Paramedics from TLC had to be cancelled due to HIPPA act. Because of HIPPA, the reality of it is simple, in order to keep it as much of a reality show vs. a drauma or etc. the people in it are real paramedics,the procedures are real and done in real time. They're running realistic calls (becuase every show has a glorious MCI, and in my 5 yrs with EMS there has only been two from my county, which is close to a million people).

Now, an idea, that can incorprate both portaying EMS in real terms and keeping people happy would be a first person reality. Every week you follow three "recruits" or probies from different agecnies. The probies have been recently hired and have to complete a "FTO" phases and while doing so they run real calls and function as a 3rd persons to "credential" up. The probie after 10 or 12 episodes "credentials" and becomes a released paramedic and deals with the ascpets of life after FTOing. They're not competeing for anything,but can and will be able to show the various different lifestyles, morals, and feeings that make every paramedic unique. Thus, giving Hoollywood its ratings for being "reality", giving the professional EMS community something to be proud of, and protrays the REAL side of EMS to the nations.

• Like 1

I also like the idea (don't remember who suggested it - sorry) of a show about hospital-based EMS. Wonder if it would be too boring for most people though. LOL

Dude, do you have any idea just how incredibly pissed off the ANA would be with a show where medics routinely came to the rescue of ER and ICU nurses who couldn't handle the hard stuff by themselves? You think our outrage here is bad? Ha! :lol:

i think it would depend on what you were going for ( comedy or reality ) trauma the tv show seems more like the producers / writers were going for the comedy. don't get me wrong comedy is my fav but with this i would rather see what really goes on. i know its been discussed before but something like cops. i never saw the show paramedics i will someday. i think they should bring back rescue 911.

I've often thought that the most realistic Medical show on television has been "Scrubs." I think that there should be an EMS show in the mold of Scrubs... Maybe you could call it "Nine Pocket Pants."

I've often thought that the most realistic Medical show on television has been "Scrubs." I think that there should be an EMS show in the mold of Scrubs... Maybe you could call it "Nine Pocket Pants."

Do those pants come with or without the bat belt?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.