I've got brain freeze.....

-You are requested to respond to an incident or maybe on standby for law enforcement officials that are busting a meth lab. While doing so they discover 6 children in the home ranging from 1 year to 12. All complaining of symptoms from exposure.

- Multiple down rescuers from a secondary accident. Managing that incident especially when you have intensity with the patients being providers and people you work with.

-The CO calls are always good.

How about some sort of terrorist CBN attack but don't make it obvious. Have them respond sequentially to multiple single patients, each a little further into the exposure to see how long it is before they pick up on the fact that there is something bad going on.

Run this one as a tabletop exercise, as even an imitation of the real thing is going to be too big. Scenario based on actual locations and conditions in my home area, and, unfortunately, I didn't create it.

Including the water tower and elevator stack, we have a 14 story tall public housing apartment building alongside an elevated commuter train line, in the flight path of a major airport.

Here we go with the scenario:

At 3:15 PM, a 747 jetliner taking off from the airport, with 317 souls aboard, loses power and lift, and strikes the apartment building on the 8th floor. As the building is a city built building, construction is shoddy, and the building pancakes, with debris landing on the "el" tracks, causing partial collapse of the tracks. The building has apartments for 200 families, varying from single persons to families of 5, and an unknown number of the residents are at home at the time. The train driver, with the train rolling at about 50 MPH towards the incident, seeing the debris and track collapse, "dumps" the train into "Emergency Stop", but to no avail, as the train cannot stop in time, hits the debris, and the first 2 cars of the 10 car train runs off the tracks, as the last 2 cars derail, and roll onto the intersection below, landing on 2 school buses full of kids just dismissed for the day from the local Junior High School/Middle School. FYI, the "El" is up about 40 feet above the streets. The train has a light load of passengers, numbering 147, plus the driver and conductor, and both buses carry 36 children, the bus driver and a "matron" each.

You're on the first in ambulance, and don't know if PD and FD are yet rolling.

After the "Oh, SHIT!" factor sets in, what do you do NOW?

Google map 71-15 Beach Channel Drive, Queens County, NY to see the actual site I describe, and pray it doesn't ever happen in reality.

Run this one as a tabletop exercise, as even an imitation of the real thing is going to be too big. Scenario based on actual locations and conditions in my home area, and, unfortunately, I didn't create it.

Including the water tower and elevator stack, we have a 14 story tall public housing apartment building alongside an elevated commuter train line, in the flight path of a major airport.

At 3:15 PM, a 747 jetliner taking off from the airport, with 317 souls aboard, loses power and lift, and strikes the apartment building on the 8th floor. As the building is a city built building, construction is shoddy, and the building pancakes, with debris landing on the "el" tracks, causing partial collapse of the tracks. The building has apartments for 200 families, varying from single persons to families of 5, and an unknown number of the residents are at home at the time. The train driver, with the train rolling at about 50 MPH towards the incident, seeing the debris and track collapse, "dumps" the train into "Emergency Stop", but to no avail, as the train cannot stop in time, hits the debris, and the first 2 cars of the 10 car train runs off the tracks, as the last 2 cars derail, and roll onto the intersection below, landing on 2 school buses full of kids just dismissed for the day from the local Junior High School/Middle School. FYI, the "El" is up about 40 feet above the streets. The train has a light load of passengers, numbering 147, plus the driver and conductor, and both buses carry 36 children, the bus driver and a "matron" each.

Google map 71-15 Beach Channel Drive, Queens County, NY to see the actual site I describe, and pray it doesn't ever happen in reality.

Open the OMFG box

step 1. check underwear

step 2. replace if necessary

step 3. Call dispatch and get every available unit rolling including mutual aid

sorry couldn't resist :devilish:

All I can say is-

OMG, Richard.

What would I do? Well, the infamous scene in "Airplane" comes to mind:

"I guess I picked the wrong day to give up smoking, sniffing glue..."

Did you guys actually table top this scenario?

The scenario was created by a VAC associate, coincidentally the same one assisted in creating the one with the school bus I already mentioned. We did the bus one, and only talked through the plane crash one.

I am told that on another big-scale scenario, presented to a London, England, "Bobby", the good constable supposedly said he would remove his uniform, and join the onlooking crowd, "just to see what would happen next!"

High school couples party, someone shares their ectasy with the group, some take more than others, several unconscious, several stoned out of their gourd. Total number of patients = 7 or 8

One of the unconscious is found in resp arrest - ties up one ALS unit

Or this one

Hazmat exposure, patients taken by one ambulance to local small 10 bed ER with 8 patients. Patients were not deconned. Exposes all patients in the ER with some nasty chemical causing some of the ER patietns to get sicker. ER now a hazmat scene and they have to close the ER. All staff in ER are also exposed and sick. What do you do?

Finally this one

High school football game, terrorist detonates a bomb, first wave of patietns are being treated and two additional bombs go off injuring many more. Remember the Olympic park bombing in Atlanta?