I've got brain freeze.....

I've got a brain freeze and have exhausted my resources in coming up with multi-patient scenarios and am looking for your help! If you can send me some scenarios that can be utilized in class, it would greatly be appreciated. Can be medical/trauma/whatever. Real life experiences, brainstorming ideas, what you saw while driving down the road, whatever. Send via PM to me and again, thanks!

These can be basic or advanced scenarios!

I'm sorry just clarify for me are you looking for something that has multiple patients in the same scenario or multiple scenarios? Let me know I've got a bunch in the box for either. Some medical, more trauma. Just let me know what you need and I'll do what I can to help.

I'm sorry just clarify for me are you looking for something that has multiple patients in the same scenario or multiple scenarios? Let me know I've got a bunch in the box for either. Some medical, more trauma. Just let me know what you need and I'll do what I can to help.

MCI - multiple patient scenario. Best would be like 3-5 patients just taxing out the system of one or two ambulances. Thanks!

I'll get my junk out I use for class and pull them for you tomorrow night and PM to you. Hope it helps. I've got three off top of my head that are really decent two of which are actual scenarios I've had, the other is from another crew so you'll have real stuff not made up things. Later and look for it tomorrow night or the next morning early.

• 7 months later...

Senior has a stroke while driving with her husband in the passenger seat, slams into guard rail, causing the vehicle to roll into a sport bike in the fast lane. How's that?

Edit: Oh shit... Nice topic date >.< I really need to start checking the dates on the topics before replying! Stupid similar topics module xD

I get the feeling the scenario day is now past....

So what? There is always the next one.

One I attended, years ago, for multiple agencies (Municipal EMS, Volunteer EMS, Volunteer FD, FDNY, NYPD, NYPD Aviation, United States Park Police) was a school bus crash with 2 cars, bus on fire, perhaps 25 patients. Part of the scenario was a rope draped from a telephone pole over the bus. As the first several responders touched the bus to gain access, the field judges advised them, much to their surprise, they had just transitioned from rescuer to patient, as they had been "electrocuted".

There had been one really bad thing with this simulation. One of the municipal EMS teams somehow had a paper listing the patients and their injuries/illnesses, and were going to the simpler cases. When the field judges realized this, they both disqualified the team, and notified their chief of their cheating (This would easily be at least 10 years before I became one of the municipal EMS people, myself).

Hey boys and girls........Yeah, the date is over, however I am still ALWAYS looking for interesting scenarios that I may be able to use directly or after slight alterations. The trouble is, I think of them and never write them down. Shooting from the hip is getting harder at my age. You know us old paramedics, it's called...............aah, what's it called again?????

Oh, I just got annoyed because I didn't realize the post was old after previous poster replied, so was sitting there coming up with different scenarios then realized he didn't even really need them (at least urgently).

Scenarios ARE always helpful, though, Richard.

TC with ejections. Some in the car, some on the street, maybe a baby (a doll) under the seat. Practice traiging, scene management, pediatric immobilization.

Drive by shooting at a party. Multiple down.

Explosion (factory, terrorist, whatever). Shrapnel injuries. Can bring up lessons in scene safety, secondary explosions, nauseous gases, various tricky injury types, popped lungs, tinnitus, temporary deafness, internal bleeding, partially penetrating objects, START Triage, calling for appropriate resources, limiting radio communications on-scene, burns, pinned patients, dealing with panicked patients, etc). You can go as big or small as you want with this one (2 patients or 10, depending on role-player students or instructors present to oversee/critique)

My fav multiple pt scenario: medical for weak/dizzy --> then have family member collapse. While he's all caught up in that, have the partner pass out, too. Don't drag it out, just do it until he realizes what's going on and vacates the scene. They'll probably always remember that one.