Web Petition

rdelisle

12 members have voted

1. 1. Should "Emergency" be updated and brought back to TV

• Yes by all means
    • No, Not in this life time
    • What is "Emergency"?

Hi all. So, I've been reading on this and different sites a number of posts on NBC's "Trauma" and I've seen it compared to "Emergency" on a number of occasions. What I am proposing is that we start a web petition to bring back "Emergency". I figure if enough people sign on that perhaps the networks will clue in that the drivel they have presented so far will not suffice. If any one else agrees or is willing to attempt this PM me and we'll get the ball rolling. By the way yes I did watch the premier of "Trauma" and now my wife won't let me watch it again with her in the room because I was grousing and complaining so much, lol.

Edited by rdelisle

I am stuck between the yes and no. Personally, I think it should come back on selected channels, but not in updated form. Keep it original. Use it as a training film for yourself to decide what you would do in today's standards or local protocols. Watch it on Hulu.

In it's day it was a good show but with todays tech savy EMSer's it would be a flop. I do enjoy watching the episodes on Hulu tv but to have it run on a prime channel would waste time and made EMS look old.

They need to revive the dicovery health show "Paramedics".

The sad thing is that when Trauma receives an epic blow from the cancelhammer, it will probably be because Hollywood said "Guess people don't want a paramedic show", not "We should tweak this thing and make it more realistic", basically destroying the hopes of a new Emergency! even being thought of.

EDIT: How could NBC do such a good job with Third Watch but manage to FUBAR BUNDY Trauma?

Edited by EMTinNEPA

EDIT: How could NBC do such a good job with Third Watch but manage to FUBAR BUNDY Trauma?

Third Watch was never great.... but it and ER both made an effort to be plausible and medically correct to a degree in the beginning. As the years passed, they got bad.

Oh... and Third Watch's first 2 seasons are out in DVD. I'm slowly watching them though NetFlix as I have free time.

Jon