TRAUMA Premiere, 20 Sep 09

Dustdevil

That's not what she said! :D

She did NOT I was tricked into transferring genetic material, thats my story and I am "sticking" to it.

Umm ever hear the term: BITE ME ?

I know who you are now... GPJ...

That's fine JP, I know who you are too :shiftyninja: - had that name long before I came on here so thats why it doesnt relate to here. Doesn't bother me a bit, my opinions don't change depending on what board I'm on. Have to give me one for consistancy.

NOW Besides the fact I wear a royal blue Nomex suit with a conterra radio pack myself and it just personally offends me, So the next person calls me Rabbit:

1-I will chemically sedate them

2-chemically paralyze them

3-then put a tube in every orifice

4- and make at least 3 more holes and they will wake up in an ICU asking ... man I so shouldn't have said that to Squint ... ok just kidding there :innocent:

Hope your following grasshopper and if the ones that fund this show and writers ain't listening and clean up the act then it just could be rabbit stew and get killed off cause he was "bullet proof"

cheers <end Rant>

Squint, you might not, but I'll be the first in line to. If anyone were to dare call me rabbit, they might find themselves waking up like that, especially since according to them, we can just do whatever we want. Oh and did I mention, I'd walk off and leave 'em for a BLS crew to manage. I think not. :thumbsdown:

As an EMT I see where you are coming from but you realize they have to keep the show interesting to the layperson. I know for a fact there are EMTs who have been like nancy and her boyfriend, it detests me but it happens, I only hope they get caught and lose their license. What bothered me more is the way the flight crew and copter were portrayed. We know the crew is the crew and not some medic they take along for the ride and the copter is set up so there is no room to move. Several things were portrayed in ways we would never do things but at the end of the day it does show our dedication and neccesity to do our job. It also shows people we have feelings, we're not just cold people who carry out our lives not caring if someone dies or not.

• Like 1

For all those who are bashing the technical advisor here's a statement issued by his captain as my understanding is that 1. He resigned from the position due to frustration (as stated by a former parter) and 2. Is in complete disagreement with the way the show portrays EMS and 3. He evidently can't speak out publicly against it due to contract. Let's cut him a little slack guys - he tried, they just wouldn't listen.

From the JEMS comments area

"First of all, Jeff Covitz is one of my medics and I personally watched him fight unsuccessfully with the writers of Trauma to inject some realism into that potboiler. He finally gave up and has distanced himself from the show. We (SFFD EMS) all pretty much knew it was going to to be bad based on the almost daily reports we were getting from own standby crews.

Having said that, I think we all need to lighten up, It's a TV show and any relationship to reality is tangential at best. Remember, some of us were working when Mother, Jugs and Speed came out (for some of us it was like a documentary) and I still can see Lou Ferrigno playing a paramedic in an 80's series whose name escapes me.

You now know what the cops have experienced since the dawn of television."

Mike Whooley

Paramedic Captain

SFFD EMS

Remember, some of us were working when Mother, Jugs and Speed came out (for some of us it was like a documentary)...

Indeed. There was nothing unrealistic about MJ&S. It remains the most realistic EMS movie of all time, and I expect it to remain that way. The funny thing is, is that it was produced and promoted as a comedy when in fact it was as real as it could possibly get. Maybe if "Trauma" did the same thing, they could achieve the realism they think they are producing now.

• Like 1

Ferrigno co-starred as a paramedic on "Trauma Center".

Part of the problem is, we don't have a Jim Paige anymore, to go to bat for us, as he did with "Emergency!" Seeing how successful he was with the EMS aspect of the show, the Fire Fighters got him to try and make the fire fighting aspects of the show also more realistic.

However, as visibility is nonexistant in a fire, and fire fighters don't usually stand up while directing a water stream during an interior attack, Hollywood still had to take liberties.

• Like 1

From the JEMS comments area

"First of all, Jeff Covitz is one of my medics and I personally watched him fight unsuccessfully with the writers of Trauma to inject some realism into that potboiler. He finally gave up and has distanced himself from the show. We (SFFD EMS) all pretty much knew it was going to to be bad based on the almost daily reports we were getting from own standby crews.

Having said that, I think we all need to lighten up, It's a TV show and any relationship to reality is tangential at best. Remember, some of us were working when Mother, Jugs and Speed came out (for some of us it was like a documentary) and I still can see Lou Ferrigno playing a paramedic in an 80's series whose name escapes me.

You now know what the cops have experienced since the dawn of television."

Mike Whooley

Paramedic Captain

SFFD EMS

Dear Mike:

Speak for yourself there Mike, thanks could it be that the PC comments may be aimed at assuring continued revenue from standbys coverage :innocent: ... just think how much the producers could save ca$h wise if they actually HAD a REAL REMT-P playing a subordinate role ... just thinking out loud here.

once again I am available and it IS snowing here ;)

I can be contacted at Idontwannafreezemyassoff@leaveAB.ca.

Edited by tniuqs
  • Like 1

Dear Mike:

Speak for yourself there Mike, thanks could it be that the PC comments may be aimed at assuring continued revenue from standbys coverage :innocent: ... just think how much the producers could save ca$h wise if they actually HAD a REAL REMT-P playing a subordinate role ... just thinking out loud here.

once again I am available and it IS snowing here ;)

I can be contacted @ dontwannafreezemyassoff@leaveAB.ca.

I am with you there squint - it's cold and rainy here and threatening of snow. Yes, I think California sounds quite nice about now. One problem, your e-mail doesn't work very well. Might have to give them another :devil:

Edited by fireflymedic

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.