TRAUMA Premiere, 20 Sep 09

Dustdevil

I'd rate it a lot higher for action than drama. There was no coherence to the drama. It didn't set us up for an unpredictable follow-up. It was just quick clips that didn't make me want to follow any particular character.

And character development was very poor. Only one character in the show was likeable, and that's the chick helo pilot. But you know she'll end up banging the Rabbit, destroying her likeablility.

Action was quantity, but not quality. I agree with the CHiPs comparison. The action was very predictable and unremarkable.

I very definitely was not "moved" except to the bathroom.

I'm not offended, I'm pissed off. You want to know why?

This is how the public sees us...

And it sucks.

Wendy

CO EMT-B

I don't see it that way. They didn't do a poll of people's views on EMS and write the story based on that. Whatever they are writing about, be it policing, fire, EMS, or and ER, they always add the same elements of recklessness, unstable characters, and of course...sex. I wouldn't read that much into it.

Y'all check out the Podcast about the show. The chick that plays the helo pilot calls in and has a great discussion with the hosts.

http://emsgarage.com/?p=300

Here is a good pic of her. :D

AimeeGarcianips022.jpg

I had the hots for her on the George Lopez show. :wub:

Edited by Dustdevil
  • Like 1

I always sedate a patient without assessing them and just walk away.

Flight crews always come back to the scene to chat it up.

Flight crews always hit on other providers and jump back in the heli with a random patient and passenger.

Helicopter always land on ac duct work.

Surgical airways always allow patients to still mouth breath.

Flight crews always fly one provider and pilot.

We always take the ambulance to booze it up after shift.

CPR is always done in MCI

3-4 providers per patient in MCI

Fuel tankers always explode from the top that are leaking from the release valves

Flight crews land, shove patient out the door and leave right away... all the time.

Monitors will show nothing on the monitor even with compressions.

thats all I can remember :)

Y'all check out the Podcast about the show. The chick that plays the helo pilot calls in and has a great discussion with the hosts.

http://emsgarage.com/?p=300

Here is a good pic of her. :D

AimeeGarcianips022.jpg

I had the hots for her on the George Lopez show. :wub:

Nice nips...

Someone mentioned having sex in the hose bed of an engine company? The only time I recall that type of depiction was in "Backdraft".

With apologies to EMT City's Mr Spock, James Kirk had the Vulcan, Spock, and Doctor McCoy, to counter his "Cowboy" attitude on Star Trek. Unless they have someone do that for Rabbit, the character is going to end up in the biggest court case this side of OJ Simpson. Rabbit is the craziest nut case off meds character since H M "Howling Mad" Murdock on "The 'A' Team", who, if you recall, was also a helicopter pilot.

On real life versus "Reel" life, aside from the worst depiction, already mentioned, of the performance of CPR, before the helo crash, they hyperventilated the patient. The current protocols, at least here in New York State, say never to hyperventilate, but the depiction was supposed to have been a year ago, before the new American Heart Association's protocol was activated.

Perhaps we DO have the biggest error of a depiction of EMS since "Rescue 77", from where comes the aforementioned Defib while doing a handstand on the paddles in a water filled tunnel, or "Hatter" driving the "Sidewalk Shuffle" while Lou Ferrigno acted as a human Hurst Jaws of Life, in the late 1980s or early 1990s show, "Trauma Center".

I still have Rescue 77 on VHS; and a company near by has their aerial ladder. I was disappointed, I really wanted another good show to watch. But, I guess I'll have to settle with only watching the Food Network, House, Hells Kitchen and Mercy. Maybe I should have gone to Culinary school instead of EMT school? :spell:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.