Just another role for the faithful hose monkey

Happiness

In our area, the FD has been called on to do everything . . . even water newly planted trees and flowers in parks during a drought.

Funny, EMS units have never been asked to do such things.

( Maybe it's because they are too busy doing their jobs???)

Does anyone know of any ambulances that carry a 1 and a half inch hoseline?

Again, they were ordered to do it, and followed orders, even if it came from city hall, and not the FDNY chain of command. The crew from E-245 did their job!

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WHaa????

Nobody ever bashes fire for firefighting..... Where the hell did that come from??

How bout I come over to your house and break your leg and wait to see who you call. I guarantee it won't be the FD.

See how dumb that sounds?

Well you're welcome to try....

Edited by brentleymetcalf

Must be a FF.

I was just proving a point, not actually challenging you.

But as I suspected, the discussion has already gone beyond the limits of your intelligence, and you have resorted to some kind of computer bully persona. Too bad for you.

Oh well..... I'm over it.

I've gone through three different approaches to replying to this and have decided my best response is this:

Please go search FD and EMS and you'll find a great many threads that intelligently discuss the many issues that exist in this area. Take the time to gain a further understanding of both sides of the issue and then try coming at this again. I understand you're still very new to EMS, as I am and at this stage it can be easy to get caught up in rhetoric. The best lesson you can learn early in your career is critical thinking and not just clinically. If after you've done and you can better understand where some members here are coming, you still feel inclined to toss around threats, then so be it, at least it will be from a better informed position.

- Matt

Must be a FF.

I was just proving a point, not actually challenging you.

But as I suspected, the discussion has already gone beyond the limits of your intelligence, and you have resorted to some kind of computer bully persona. Too bad for you.

Oh well..... I'm over it.

Nope. Not a FF. But I do have the utmost respect for them.

And as far as my intelligence goes, you don't know anything about me OR the limits of my intelligence. So I would say that by making that assumption, it is YOUR meantal capacity that we have truly exposed.

And FWIW, I never felt challenged.

In our area, the FD has been called on to do everything from pot hole patrol- (cruising the streets of their district and reporting bad streets), and even water newly planted trees and flowers in parks during a drought.

Funny, EMS units have never been asked to do such things.

( Maybe it's because they are too busy doing their jobs???)

Proves my point, They have too much time on their hands & should be wound back with extra funding into HEALTHCARE & EMS

Brently and Mobey, sorry to be a spoil sport but please Shut the heck up. No one here wants to see your "my penis is bigger than yours" arguments. You both are just being childish and immature.

Take your discussion to PM's as I'm sure not many people on this board want to see the two of you bicker back and forth.

Mobey, I respect you and I hope you understand where I'm coming from on this.

Brentley - I don't know you nor your posting style so I can't say I respect or don't respect you.

Just stop trying to one up each other.

Mobey, I respect you and I hope you understand where I'm coming from on this.

Brentley - I don't know you nor your posting style so I can't say I respect or don't respect you.

Just stop trying to one up each other.

I was in a mood..... just playing really.

Soory, didn't mean to hijack

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.