ACLS Instructor

SA_Medic

so who wants to recert my ACLS and PALS on yahoo im? lol jk

You kid, but I can see within the next decade doing all recerts/education video based. And to the original poster, yea, it's not an AHA thing otherwise I would have to surrender my Instructor card in all three major specialties.

• 2 weeks later...

On my last trip to the far east, I had took the opportunity to do ACLS Instructor and a few other little instructors cards. Yesterday the senior ops manager came and asked me for all the stuff cause they wanna open a training facility and need a record of all the instructors they have. I obliged and gave her copies of it which she scanned and sent on to the regional head office.

5min later she gets a mail back from the medical director accusing me of lying because "a paramedic can not be a ACLS instructor, it's reserved solely for MD's". Has things changed in recent months on this or is it just a South African thing?

Thoughts would be appreciated,

Regards

S

Dear

to be become instructor you need to follow this steps:

1. Complete the Provider course in the discipline you are interested in becoming an instructor.

2. Contact any affiliated/ accredited Training Center

3. Complete the Core Instructor Course (for AHA)

4. Complete the discipline-specific Instructor course

5. Be monitored teaching in your first provider

Who Should Attend:

* RN's

* Paramedics

* Physicians

* RRT's

* Healthcare Providers who may be responsible for advanced resuscitation

so its not only for Physicians

thats what we learn and what we teach if its in US/Dubai/Moscow/Nigeria and Asia

Respectfully

AN