Israel trauma drsg.

I want to preface this post by saying that yes I have worked in both Afghanistan and Iraq; however, I would never compare these experiences to that of a soldier.

Doc D, I do understand your point; however, you must understand there is a big world beyond the four months or so you spent in San Antonio. I appreciate your energy and willingness to discuss your point of view with us; however, as you continue in your medical career and education, you will find that the one way you have been told does not always apply. I hope you would at least take my points into consideration. Again, I do not oppose tourniquet use; however, like any modality at our disposal, we must be careful and thoughtful when considering the use of the said modality. Again, I believe it is appropriate to consider using a pressure dressing trial before transitioning to a tourniquet in many cases. Clearly, the situation may dictate immediate tourniquet use however.

Take care,

chbare.

Oh okay. got it :)

A simple suggestion here: Everyone be respectful of everybody else. Someone may be new to the City, but be a long-timer in the EMS arena. Can you imagine some City nooby telling off Dr Brian, when we know Dr Brian is one of the doctors who writes both EMT and Paramedic textbooks? (Just using your name as an example, Dr Bledsoe.)

Acknowledge that protocols will be different between Military and Civilian, county/Parrish, State, and even nation.

Hey, folks, lets just be nice to each other. It's OK to disagree, but do it civilly.

I have a bunch of those trauma dressings in my personal first in bag from when I was in the military. They work a treat and are in every single IFK now in the military.

As for quick clot its ok but is very hard for the ED to get out of the wound and some quick clot will actualy burn your patient or you while closeing the wound. Its good stuff but cant be used on the torso or head and many states wont let EMTs use it. But the newer forms of quick clot dont burn as bad or hurt like hell.

A simple suggestion here: Everyone be respectful of everybody else. Someone may be new to the City, but be a long-timer in the EMS arena. Can you imagine some City nooby telling off Dr Brian, when we know Dr Brian is one of the doctors who writes both EMT and Paramedic textbooks? (Just using your name as an example, Dr Bledsoe.)

Acknowledge that protocols will be different between Military and Civilian, county/Parrish, State, and even nation.

Hey, folks, lets just be nice to each other. It's OK to disagree, but do it civilly.

I can't speak for other people, I did attempt to be nice, but based on his posts in other area's all put together it is safe to assume he is brand new. Which is fine, everyone starts somewhere, but with some of the statements he has made, he needs to be made aware of the larger picture.

I want to preface this post by saying that yes I have worked in both Afghanistan and Iraq; however, I would never compare these experiences to that of a soldier.

Doc D, I do understand your point; however, you must understand there is a big world beyond the four months or so you spent in San Antonio. I appreciate your energy and willingness to discuss your point of view with us; however, as you continue in your medical career and education, you will find that the one way you have been told does not always apply. I hope you would at least take my points into consideration. Again, I do not oppose tourniquet use; however, like any modality at our disposal, we must be careful and thoughtful when considering the use of the said modality. Again, I believe it is appropriate to consider using a pressure dressing trial before transitioning to a tourniquet in many cases. Clearly, the situation may dictate immediate tourniquet use however.

Take care,

chbare.

I understand. Thanks.

I can't speak for other people, I did attempt to be nice, but based on his posts in other area's all put together it is safe to assume he is brand new. Which is fine, everyone starts somewhere, but with some of the statements he has made, he needs to be made aware of the larger picture.

Some of the statements I have made, are all how the army teaches their combat medics. You work a totally different type of EMS then I do. The whole reputation thing was a joke, i dont really care too much about it. About the flight medics, i cant pull up the protocol on it online for a bunch of reasons. one, the army doesnt release that stuff online, 2 every different Unit has its own protocols. Some cut em', some keep em'. Most cut em' though. Its like how my friends in the 4th ID have to use saline locks for all their IV's, while us here dont even get saline lock kits. We do straight IV's. Its like that.

But the newer forms of quick clot don't burn as bad or hurt like hell.

If you want to feel pain, try that Stop QR Powder they sell in pharmacies! I ripped the side of my ankle open on a large antique resuscitator in the hall one night and had to use that s**t for the bleeding. Holy sock puppets batman, who stole the pink from my cheeks?

Some of the statements I have made, are all how the army teaches their combat medics. You work a totally different type of EMS then I do.

That's fine as long as you realize you're talking from a limited perspective. So when you make broad statements you make yourself sound horrible.

I spent my time in the sand box. I'm not going to spout my branch division etc... It doesn't make a difference. Just know when you post on here, people are coming from a wide range of experiences.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.