Israel trauma drsg.

medical_trauma_bandage_375.jpg

Demonstration Video

Can't say I have.. The last shooting I handled, I stuffed kerlix onto/into the exit wound, and piled it onto the entrance; then wrapped it with an ace and did a sling and swathe b/c of it's location. I doubt the Israeli Bandage would have helped. Besides, I don't think we have any accounts with companies that sell tactical or military medical equipment.

But I'm sure some of our users that are CM's and HM's have used them.

Edited by 4c6

Thanks for the picture. I guess it would be good for a arm or leg- the UK guys in the middle east say its the bomb. Of course I think tx conditions while bullets fly around you would like some thing quick to put on.

Stay safe.

Thanks for the movie, I guess its geared toward the military/or swat medic.

Edited by medic82942003

There is actual 2 varieties of this battle dressing:

1- as seen above.

2- with an additional sliding gauze pad (movable for entrance and exit)

cheers

Edited by tniuqs

I was going over posts to see what I should carry if I go back to the sandbox. I kept on seeing references

to the above Multiple times. IE Israeli Drsg 2 EA. Large. ECT ECT. A British Ex- Para. said when the Bloody

shooting starts its bloody handy to have in your kit. I thank every one for the help. Cheers/Hail and fair well.

These things are great. I mean, a pad is a pad is a pad, but the elastique bandage is the key. Theoretically, the plastic clip provides a fulcrum point for focused pressure. In practice, it's not that helpful for a high velocity GSW, but certainly not a problem. Being as most of my patients were already field treated before I ever saw them, I didn't apply too many myself. Only a few dozen. But I've seen them work quite well, and the old school medics were sure happy to have them over the old style combat dressings.

If you go back to either theatre, you shouldn't have to take them with you. MEDLOG is packed to the gills with these. The old style dressings aren't even stocked anymore.

When the shyte hits the fan, you'll want just as many bulk gauze rolls (Kerlix style) as Izzy Ds. They work hand-in-hand together on GSWs. Simply covering the wound with the dressing isn't nearly as effective as using the dressing to tightly hold a bulk packing into the wound, tampon style. Unfortunately, AK rounds create a pretty good crater to be filled, not just a neat little hole on the surface. Shrapnel is variable. Blast injuries don't fare well no matter what you do, and you'll want several tourniquets on hand. I saw just as many missing limbs as mangled limbs. Easier to deal with at the scene, at least.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.