How do you relieve the stress?

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a gun dog that is the begining stages. When I get frustrated I get the dog out and have a short training session. He seems to read my stress so he eagerly complies which makes me feel like I have "control" somewhat.

If Im unable to do that then I open a beer, light a cigarette, and plop down in front of the television and specifically tell people to leave me alone. By the next morning Im fine.

-Alco

Stress? Stress? I have no stress!! LOL,, While I am @ work & stressed out (From the idiot 1st shifters), I take it out on poor Truck Driver whom comes in to pick up a loaded trailer,,by parking it within 1" of the next trailer on the left side, then dropping it until it hits the frame of their tractor (when they are backing in to it). If i am not @ work & stressed out, I grab my big red gear bag & find a decent bridge or cliff & go rappelling for a few hours. (Lake Erie has some really nice overhang cliffs). While I am "hanging around" on the ropes, I am able to clear my mind of any problems @ hand.

I pretty much just go home and play with my children. Every two weeks or so I get together with friends and we go out and play paintball, great stress reliever and fun too. For those rare occasions when none of that works I just shut everything and everyone out and meditate.

• 4 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.