How do you relieve the stress?

What do you do to relieve the stress of dealing every day with people in life threatening situations? I used to rent a plane and go flying or spend a couple hours on the pistol range. Both require a lot of concentration and push other concerns to the side, at least for awhile.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

reading,writing, crosstitch,playing with my kids,bubble baths, getting together for a BS session with friends, pool,darts.

About every three months or so a bunch of us from work, including the boss get together,head to the bar and drink a few and dance like fools.

I go flying with the hubby sometimes. I am so scared being up there I don't think of anything else.

drinking, gambling, womanizing....You know the use-sh...

Bart and Homer spot each other, and Tom draws

Bart away. ``You know better than to talk to strangers.'' Homer

explains that he's Bart's father. Tom stops in his tracks. ``His

father, the drunken gambler?'' Homer brightly answers, ``That's

right. And who might you be?''

I go flying with the hubby sometimes. I am so scared being up there I don't think of anything else.

Please, take some flying lessons. My wife used to be scared to fly with me but after she took some lessons she started really enjoying our flights together. You don't need to get a license, my wife didn't, she just took enough training so she really began to understand the physics of flight and accepted the fact that light airplanes don't just drop like bricks if the engine quits. Before I quit flying (health problems) she got to where she enjoyed stalls, spins, pulling two to three positive Gs and flying parabolic arcs where we'd get a few seconds of weightlessness.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.