Is picture of person with job equipment good reason to fire someone?

spenac

Fire them?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Fire them?

• Yes
    • No
    • No harm no foul
    • What unprofessional crap

hehe I've heard stories here about the days before GPS in the ambulance where people would be MILES outside of their stationed area to go to someones house and get it on. Or partners who were married getting it on in the back. One of which story was my old partner and his ex-wife getting it on in the back on a regular basis. Pretty sure one of their children was conceived in the back of an ambulance. Most of the stories i heard, I heard being retold in front of a command staff. Now whether or not the people above the EMS director knew (executives) I don't know. I've never heard of someone raping someone around here. I have heard of it in the news.

Dominion, I think those stories are rampant everywhere. However, there are a few that I am aware of by admission by some people that currently practice in your area and I'm thinking they are the same ones that I'm familiar with :P . At any rate, I've personally known of a crew which took their truck out of service for a rendevous and have walked in on someone that was in questionable behavior within the station. Each situation was dealt with as neccessary, but what was done back then and what is done now is two very different things. It's like the "supply closet" stories that float through every hospital. They're there and frankly I don't make it my business as I care not to be involved in all the drama. I will say though, you do it in my station, on company time, or using company resources and I promise you won't last long !

I don't see the reason to get so upset with the way the waitress was dressed. It's not like she was topless. Most people show more skin when at the swimming pool or beach. As for he handeling the rifle, well, that was dumb. The weapon should have been cleared and safed at the least but with the magazine in place there's no way to tell if the rifle is armed or not.

As far as getting laid in the back of the ambulance, even with full decon having been performed; it's still a repulsive concept to me.

Not only that, but are some people so controlled by their hormones that they couldn't find a more 'appropriate location' for this activity?

I'm sure that there are those in the 'Backdraft crowd' that would find getting laid in/on the back of an emergency vehicle as 'exciting', but let's get real about it....it's not the most 'ROMANTIC' place to initiate carnal knowledge activities!

Knowing that most guys would be happy to 'get it on' on a public street corner, aren't most females more inclined toward the 'romantic conditions' of the act?

I wonder how many of the tired 'old lines' (If you really loved me, you'd do it.) were used to get the female partner to participate.......

It's only unprofessional, because it's not hawt female firefighters.. Who wants to see a bunch of bulgy, sweaty firemen..

They can't make an EMS calendar like that, can't find 12 super model looking people that work in EMS.

While I agreee that this entire incident may have been poorly conceived, it does fall into that area of "P.C. Behavior." Our country, and our world, has become so wrapped up in trying to make everyone happy that you can't tell a joke on duty these days wothout someone taking offense. If this picture offends, don't look! How about we STOP trying to police the morals of everyone else and accept some personal responsibility for our own behavior.

Do I think they should be fired? If there is specific policies that have been violated, yes. If no policies have been violated, then the issue should be left to fade into the background. I'm sure there are much more important issues facing this police department than a provocatively dressed waitress handling a firearm sitting on the trunk of a department vehicle.

By the way 4c6, I agree, you'd be hard pressed to find 12 total supermondel types, male or female, in my area as well.

This is some very disturbing discussions. A professional has to live up to higher standards. They must be able to understand that their actions reflect directly on their service even when off duty, but especially when easily identifiable equipment is involved. All that went outside and did not try and stop this photo from happening should be fired and stripped of their peace officer certification.

Someone mentioned doing the "beefcake/cheesecake" fundraiser calendars without invoking the name of the LEO, EMS, or FD agency. Regrettably, that misses the point that the agency is the one doing the calendar as a fundraiser FOR the agency, or for a related benefit utilized by the agency, like FDNY supports the Fire Fighter's Burn Center, as an example.

By the way 4c6, I agree, you'd be hard pressed to find 12 total supermondel types, male or female, in my area as well.

TYPO ALERT!

Who committed the error, RFDMedic3D or 4C6?

I've never seen, let alone met, a

supermondel

but have seen a few

super models
in my time, in magazines, newspapers, and on TV, despite living in New York City, one of the fashion capitols of the world. Edited by Richard B the EMT

So is the following good reason to fire and suspend officers. What if it was on an ambulance with her holding the EKG?

http://www.cbs7.com/news/details.asp?ID=14457

"5 Midland County deputies accused of taking pictures of a waitress and one of their weapons at a Round Rock restaurant will face various levels of punishment."

bambi.jpg

She isn't holding an EKG, she is holding an assault rifle. So let us look at the EMS equivelant, put her on the hood of an ambulance pretending to shoot up some narc's, would that be a ok?

She isn't holding an EKG, she is holding an assault rifle. So let us look at the EMS equivelant, put her on the hood of an ambulance pretending to shoot up some narc's, would that be a ok?

Have you read the posts as that has been addressed.

I don't really have a problem with what they did. What I have a problem with is how they did it. Waitress posing for pics with a weapon? No problem. Whipping out weapons in a crowded public parking lot? Unacceptable. Had they done this at the station, or in the police parking lot, it would have been fine. But this was in a very public place, outside of their jurisdiction, off duty, displaying departmental equipment. It matters not that no law was broken. Anyone with half a grain of common sense should know it looks bad and would avoid doing it. Consequently, I would lose a lot of faith in the deputy's judgement, which is crucial to him working for me.