August 9, 1945

paramedicmike

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately, as seems to be so often the case, you have completely missed the point.

One of the biggest things to come out of the war was the atomic bomb. (no pun intended) It is truly sad that in war we can kill 50K or more people in less than 1 minute and thousands more in weeks.

I have long been a proponent and opponent of nuclear weapons.

Proponent for the deterrent effect that they provide

Opponent for the wholesale destruction/damage and number of fatalities

I don't think people realize what these weapons will do, when they're parading around suggesting we drop them on countries. In most cases, it's the governments. Like the US, it's the political figures, not the citizens. This will kill, and severely deform so quickly.. and it's not atomic now. The effects will last decades, into new generations; the biological and chemical effect will out grow just the epicenter, it could spread across thousands of miles. While tests have been done, nothing has ever been dropped on significant material. Buildings, people, industry, electric grid, water supplies. Nobody can gauge the damage, loss of or affect on life, and years of problems afterward. While it may be survivable, I don't know that I would want to live in a world with only fear and death?

I agree with CMK I dont think I would want to live in a world like that. But when they orginally made these bombs do you think they fully realized the magnitude of the destruction and mayhem they could and would cause?

I agree with CMK I dont think I would want to live in a world like that. But when they orginally made these bombs do you think they fully realized the magnitude of the destruction and mayhem they could and would cause?

Terri, I absolutely think that they knew what it would cause. ABSOLUTELY

bunch of pu**ies ------- you realize how many of you would have never known your grandpa if it wasnt for the bomb -- do you realize how many of you panzies would have never been born

Well apparently one isnt allowed to ask a simple question eh crochity? You know if you dont have anything intelligent or thought worthy to say maybe you should opt to use this old quote from my grandmother.... its best to be silent and remain a fool than to open your mouth and prove you are one. Take it how ever you want to....

Terri, I absolutely think that they knew what it would cause. ABSOLUTELY

The reason I asked was because alot of time they make things and they get too big to handle and they are used for things they were never designed to do.

Well apparently one isnt allowed to ask a simple question eh crochity? You know if you dont have anything intelligent or thought worthy to say maybe you should opt to use this old quote from my grandmother.... its best to be silent and remain a fool than to open your mouth and prove you are one. Take it how ever you want to....

Once again the great conciliator Crotchity has spoken

Nowhere did I say that I did not agree with the decision to drop the bomb on the two japanese cities.

Nowhere did I say that having these bombs were not a good idea.

I just don't like their destructive capabilities but do appreciate their deterrent effect.

I would take Terri's grandmothers quote to heart Crotch.