We need prayers

JET EMT

Hey Everyone,

My wife Janice and I need prayers!

I haven't been on here much lately, My wife is battling lung cancer. She has Small Cell Lung Cancer which is in the extensive stage, due to the fact that it is in both lungs, both adrenal glands, lymph node in the right side of her neck, and outside the lungs on the medial sternum.

She begins her 2nd round of chemo on Monday. then Radiation sometime in the next 3 weeks, Probably with the 3rd round of chemo.

We need prayers,

Also, if anyone knows of any good sources for financial support, I am open to suggestions.

Thanks,

Jim

Hey Everyone,

I haven't been on here much lately, My wife is battling lung cancer. She has Small Cell Lung Cancer which is in the extensive stage, due to the fact that it is in both lungs, both adrenal glands, lymph node in the right side of her neck, and outside the lungs on the medial sternum.

She begins her 2nd round of chemo on Monday. then Radiation sometime in the next 3 weeks, Probably with the 3rd round of chemo.

We need prayers,

Also, if anyone knows of any good sources for financial support, I am open to suggestions.

Thanks,

Jim

Prayers and good thoughts your way. Hang in there.

Jim,

First off, prayers and best hopes to you and Janice. Then as far as financial support, are you in a volley dept. or paid? I see you wrote you are also in construction I think. so I would guess it is volley.

Reach out to the community, and contact local banks. They can set up funds in your wife's name for people to donate to. You would be surprised at the support. My community has mercy pilots to fly out for chemo, meal delivery, household help, people pitch in when other's need it. We are are small community, so we help out when we can. I bet yours will too, if you ask.

I wish the best for your family.

Chaser

Edited by chaser

Jet,

My prayers and best wishes for you and your wife.

As Chase said, reach out to the community. Have your department set up a fund drive, you'll be surprized at the response from the community; even in these hard times.

The department I used to belong to, one of our firefighters had been diagnosed with leukemia. The community support was overwhelming!

LS

First of all, I'm sorry you are going through this - best wishes to you and your wife. Prayers for good luck and strength going up !

Second as far as financial support, often times businesses will help out (one case here was one of the pizza places donated a portion of their sales for one night to the fund), different places set up funds or assistance, also if you are in a volunteer dept (as I assume as you state you have another job in your profile) it's probably a small community. With that, people are more likely to help - see if you can get your dept's help setting up chili dinners etc to help. That's a common thing around here.

Best of luck to you and keep us updated .

Sorry to hear this Jim but you know where to find me or contact me if you need to talk vent or cry.... I sent an email to my freind who is a preacher to add her to the prayer list at his church.

Prayer all around.

As a member of a small community this is what we do.......

Bank account in trust for people to make donation (As already mentioned)

Dinner sales

50/50 tickets

Ask for donations from the local business and then raffle them off

Hope all goes well for you both and I also will ask for extra prayers from my community

Hey Everyone,

We need prayers,

Thanks,

Jim

I'm very sorry to hear about your wife. I send my prayers your way. I hope she gets better soon.