EMT-B National Test (info please?)

QUOTE (Bamx @ Aug 7 2009, 09:29 PM) Not really looking for specific questions or anything as I am more concerned with how the test is set up. I've talked to people who have taken it in the past and they all say its easy. Thats great and all but how is it set up? Is it broken into sections like Airway, Pedis, Assessment, or is it just question after question?

Any info at all would be great. I'm taking my test next week and i'm feeling pretty confident. Thanks guys.

To begin with, there is nothing 'easy' about taking a National Registry exam. To score well you must read each question and answers multiple times and come up with the 'best' answer. National Registry has one of the toughest testing formats there are so I would suggest you obtain a test practice book from a reputable publisher and practice.

On your question of how is it set up. There will be questions from each category, but they will not be together. They will be randomly put together in an adaptive test based on the answers you give to the previous questions. No tests are the same and the questions are presented according to your personal knowledge level. As soon as your competence level is determined by the computer, the test will end.

Take a look at this link for more information:

http://www.nremt.org...ads/CBT-CAT.wmv

Hope this helps. Good luck!

rescuer NREMT-P, CEP

I dont think there was one easy thing about the test, whoever said that is an idiot. I hope you are preparing for it. There are no sections it is just random questions alot of OB. I just took the test on Friday thought for sure I failed was totally surprised that I passed I was so excited.

mayberry454

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.