Dyna Med Modular Bag (Video Review)

opplanet-5-11-tactical-6-6-med-pouch-san

This is the bag I keep in my car. It has some gloves, random band-aids / bandages, and then OTC meds. All that is for personal use. If I am across an accident I will break out the gloves and my iphone but that is about it. Maybe a 4x4 if they are bleeding all over. Why people carry these huge jump bags is beyond me.

OP: you are actually going to start an IV and fluids off duty?

Only thing is OTC meds need to be checked to ensure they are not expired. I never carry OTC meds in my kits because I will forget to check and they will be expired when I need them. If I need OTC meds I will buy the smallest quantity of travel size I can and carry those. That way I'm not likely to lose them to expiration.

However, if the OTC meds are for personal use only as stated in the post, then who cares if you are the one deciding to use outdated medications for your self?

You would use outdated meds? I don't mind people carrying OTC meds, many people forget to check the expiration date.

I did an audit for a local company of their first aid kits and other safety equipment a few months ago. The first aid kits - which were standard office kits and were in active use - had OTC meds that expired in 1997.

My point is not whether to carry OTC meds for yourself or family - its if you choose to do so remember to check the expiration.

Mike, I think you and many others would benefit from reading this article. Just because it's past its expiration date doesn't mean it's not good.

ETA: There are also programs out there that will take expired medications and send them to charitable medical organizations for use in third world countries. Again, just because it's expired doesn't mean it's not good.

Edited by paramedicmike
  • Like 2

To tag along on this idea of expiration dates.

How many services pull perfectly good medical supplies based strictly on expiration dates printed on the wrappers?

What do you do with these items?

Do you use them for training or just pitch them?

Why do thing like sterile water or powdered charcoal have expiration dates on them?

How about band-aids? Oral glucose? Airway adjuncts like nose hoses or ET tubes?

Did you know that the chemical hot & cold packs expire?

The above are all things the state inspector checks dates on every year in addition to the medications.

I have to pull hundreds of dollars worth of supplies off the ambulance every year based strictly on expiration dates.

I box them all up and deliver them to a medical relief agency that sends them to needy nations where they have medical missions with few supplies available.

Third world nations like Jamaica or Haiti or Texas. :turned:

As "EMT-B", we use these two bags:

857171Capturedcran20130109172826.png

On the left the "Treatment bag" (by Dimatex™), on the right the "O2 bag" (by Bagheera™)

I - "Treatment" bag

This bag has:

- 1 small upper pocket

- 2 medium side pockets mini_994215Capturedcran20130109173957.pn

- 1 big front pocket

Inside:

- On the flap, 3 velcro transparent pockets.

- In the "case" 5 velcro transparent pockets.

In contains roughly:

On the outside pockets:

- Flashlight

- Handling gloves

- Signal tape

- Medical wastes bags // Trash bags

- Anti-bacterial gel

- PPE

- Unique use sheets

Inside:

- tensiometer (manual and electronic), thermometer, pulse oxymeter, hemoglucometer.

- eye light, splinter-pincers

- Hemostatic cousin, high absorbance compresses

- Compresses + NaCl- 0,9% + betadin + Dakin + plasters

- Hard-case for piercing medial wastes

- Cold packs, emergency blankets

- Medicines (paracetamol, aspirin, salbutamol... + creams)

II- O2 bag

This bag has on big front pocket. Inside, on the flap there are elastic bands that hold the cervical collars (adult size + child size). The O2 bottle in centered, on each side a smaller bag. On top, you have room for the adult BVM.

In an inner bag you'll have the adult oxygenation masks, pieces of the adult BVM, adult suction tubes. In the other bag, you'll have the same things for children. You also have a manual suction device.

On the front pocket, you have the AED and a blanket. An EMT carry the automatic suction device.

:)

Edited by Secouriste

We recently had a medication shortage here in Canada.

We were told explicitly "Until further notice, keep all expired medications. If the shortage turns into a crisis we will be administering expired medications to patients"

It never came to that point, but the reality is solid. Both the manufactures, and the pharmacists know that expiration dates are a sales gimmick.

We recently had a medication shortage here in Canada.

We were told explicitly "Until further notice, keep all expired medications. If the shortage turns into a crisis we will be administering expired medications to patients"

It never came to that point, but the reality is solid. Both the manufactures, and the pharmacists know that expiration dates are a sales gimmick.

In Texas and many other states Medical Directors were and are having to allow use of expired drugs because of the shortages.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.