Dyna Med Modular Bag (Video Review)

neither. It wasn't intended as an EMS box. It 's original use was for fishing tackle.

It has an upper compartment with small dividers and a deeper bottom compartment which works perfect for the BP cuff , stethoscope and bandaging, sam splint and a few other necessities.

We still have the 727's on the ambulance for our statewide drug box system. Every service had to pay for a box for each ambulance, They are part of "the system" Every hospital in the state restocks the same meds in the same box. We use drugs from it and just swap out for a new sealed box. Our Narcs are kept in separate lock box and narc safe .

I'm a fan of plastic boxes myself.. less likely to be ruined on winter calls. I issue people a standard, pre-stocked, first responder bag; which is purchased that way. Don't issue oxygen, which if they wanna shell out the cash for it, they're more than welcome to purchase on their own. The only thing that gets added is a collar, one. And if I'm issuing it to an EMR (F.R.) I remove the glucose. It's nice to have ppl equipped, I don't encourage ppl going to scenes, in fact I forbid it. But folks happen upon stuff, and lives do get saved by folks in the right place during someone elses misfortune. EMT's get the same bag, except I add QuikClot and the same military style tourniquets that we're required to carry on the ambo. They're small kits, have the bare essentials; stop blood loss, start CPR, in a nutshell. When I was asked why provide them, I said even if they don't carry them in their vehicle - which some do not - they have skills, and they have families. It's just something nice to have on hand.

I've used my stuff more for "at home" or non EMS related injuries than I have on calls where I've either reported or arrived while enroute to the ambulance.

This is pure comedy!

Don't be offended though, I have been in the same place as you. One day you will look back and wonder what you were thinking with such an extreme "first aid" bag.

This is truly harmless fun though. As ling as you stay in scope, and stay off the hwy, you can't do MUCH harm.

I 100% disagree with the statement about organizers making MCI's easier to manage. The only equipment you need on the scene of an MCI is OPA's, handful of boards, a few tourniquets and a radio. If you are running an MCI and end up putting on a nasal cannula and an eyepatch, you have failed.

• Like 3

This is what I have only I got the prefilled one: http://www.buyemp.com/product/l-a-rescue-first-call-in-bag1 I got it for graduation from EMT school as a gift.

It stays in my closet and is used only for family emergencies. It gets carried when I go ATV riding or hunting since it can be hours for EMS to arrive on scene.

I have a store bought standard first aid kit in all my vehicles. The only "extra" equipment I have added is extra 4x4's. 2 4x4's aren't going to do much. I did add more gloves too, mainly because I prefer Nitrle to Latex and what can I say I like gloves that fit too.

I don't believe in stopping and helping like a "ricky rescue". If I see a medical emergency happen in front of me my phone can call 911. If there is life threatening bleeding I can apply pressure. Cardiac Arrest I can do bystander CPR.

To the OP, holy whacktastic. I don't know of any areas where you can start an IV with out medical control oversight.

opplanet-5-11-tactical-6-6-med-pouch-san

This is the bag I keep in my car. It has some gloves, random band-aids / bandages, and then OTC meds. All that is for personal use. If I am across an accident I will break out the gloves and my iphone but that is about it. Maybe a 4x4 if they are bleeding all over. Why people carry these huge jump bags is beyond me.

OP: you are actually going to start an IV and fluids off duty?

Edited by ChaseZ

To the OP, holy whacktastic.

I think if you read his most recent posts you might get confirmation. Since this is his first post in almost 4 years on this forum we can count ourselves lucky.

just take a look at the OP's threads and you will see a certified Galls whacker. Threads like headlight flashers and how to spend $$$ putting strobes on his pov, how to make his pager work like a stn alert plectron. Severe case of wackeritus.

I got started in this field in 1973, and the plectrons were already on their way out then. However, due to long-timers like me, the name still stays as accepted alternate word to "pagers".

It's sort of like a hospital in Brooklyn that used to be called "I Z", for Israel Zion, with the name changed to Maimonides roughly 1960. The "kids" now on the ambulances, due to references by their long-timer partners, as taught when THEY were the "kids", for years, still maintain calling "Maimo" as "I Z".

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.