I've qualified...

Hiya..i'm coming over in a couple of weeks to see about a job up in Seattle..This visit wil be a holiday and a chance to see if i'll be happy there..I have a friend who has been talking to his bosses about me getting employment there and we will be going to see them when i'm there..So fingers crossed for me

Hiya..i'm coming over in a couple of weeks to see about a job up in Seattle..This visit wil be a holiday and a chance to see if i'll be happy there..I have a friend who has been talking to his bosses about me getting employment there and we will be going to see them when i'm there..So fingers crossed for me

Unfortunately, getting a job is the easy part. The visa is the near to impossible bit for paramedics. You should go back and read some of the replies to your earlier posts. One of which is from someone who managed to "challenge out" the Medic 1 (seattle) program, only to find out, that his qualifications (Msc Cardiology, HPC Paramedic, and Emergency care practitioner) is not even visa-worthy for immigration to the US.

Even if the role of Paramedic was one of the sought-after jobs in the US, your potential employer would not only have to spend thousands of dollars petitioning your visa (someone else always has to petition on your behalf, you can't do it yourself) running background checks, proving to the USCIS that you will not become a financial burden etc - but also, they will need to prove that you are not taking the job from a US citizen. Most US employers are totally oblivious to the lengths that THEY have to go to, to employ someone from the UK, so you may get the generic "OK you have the job, all we need is your work authorization"

I am not trying to rain on your parade, but US immigration works primarily on family sponsorship, and unless you have a parent or spouse who happens to have a US passport, things will be pretty impossible for you.

You may want to read this link, taken from the US ex-pats forum which show the only, the only legal ways into the US for Brits wanting to immigrate.

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Pulaski%27s_...Work_in_the_USA

You may also wish to glance over the many, many posts of those wanting to move to the US, only to find just how difficult it is (legally).

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread....light=paramedic

They seem a tough bunch, and don't pull any punches with telling the truth, but there are a few immigration lawyers who post there.

The UK isn't even included in the diversity lottery visa scheme, unlike Ireland and much of the rest of Europe.

This link was provided before, but I will put it up again. It should be the starting piont for anyone wishing to immigrate to the US.

Here

Lots and lots of reading.

Edited by scott33

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.