Just when you think you've heard it all

fireflymedic

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, it is kinda cute. Sick. But cute. Poor thing. As long as it helps patient care, that's all that matters. Wait till PETA sees that, though.

!!! Blue mice !!!! I want a blue mouse!!!

I think it's really cool. Hopefully it goes well in clinical trials. It'll be cool to see what the human level dose will do.

Wendy

CO EMT-B

Cute mouse? Sure. Useful article from a medical point of view? Not even a little bit.

I'm grateful for the article, truly I love to see interesting new things, but it makes me a little bit batshit to see sentences such as, "When the die was injected into mice with spinal damage, the mice were again able to walk, those without the injection were not." (not a direct quote)

That tells me that the rest of the article is just full of useless crap. If the scientists had been allowed to edit the article I'm guessing that he would not have allowed such a statement. All of the injected mice walked again? They all had a limp? None of the uninjected mice walked again? Bullshit.

If they all were fixed with injections, and non regained sensation without them the entire spinal cord world would be in a tizzy. They conveiniently left out percentages because there simply wasn't anything to write about if they were left in.

Basically, it's an article about a blue mouse..

Thanks for posting. This rant will hopefully in no way convince you that I believe you shouldn't have posted, only that I really, really hate pseudoscience reporting. See?

Your curious mind wanting to share? Awesome! Reporters that report such nonsense about issues that many desparate, though less educated people will cling to for hope? Makes me a little crazy.

Dwayne

First off, it cannot be that simple. But wait there must be more to it. Like when the dye was injected, immediately after the injury, dose of course, length of time before results etc. Blue mice, smoo mice. We already have blue people. They are called the Blue people of Tennessee. They have an anomoly in their blood that gives them a blue hue.

Cute mouse? Sure. Useful article from a medical point of view? Not even a little bit.

I'm grateful for the article, truly I love to see interesting new things, but it makes me a little bit batshit to see sentences such as, "When the die was injected into mice with spinal damage, the mice were again able to walk, those without the injection were not." (not a direct quote)

That tells me that the rest of the article is just full of useless crap. If the scientists had been allowed to edit the article I'm guessing that he would not have allowed such a statement. All of the injected mice walked again? They all had a limp? None of the uninjected mice walked again? Bullshit.

If they all were fixed with injections, and non regained sensation without them the entire spinal cord world would be in a tizzy. They conveiniently left out percentages because there simply wasn't anything to write about if they were left in.

Basically, it's an article about a blue mouse..

Thanks for posting. This rant will hopefully in no way convince you that I believe you shouldn't have posted, only that I really, really hate pseudoscience reporting. See?

Your curious mind wanting to share? Awesome! Reporters that report such nonsense about issues that many desparate, though less educated people will cling to for hope? Makes me a little crazy.

Dwayne

But Dwayne, you gotta admit, You want one of those blue mice don't ya.

Okay, I'll give you all that don't know me very well off the board the benefit of the doubt, but I was being a bit of a smart one here. I found it hysterically funny that they even considered injecting blue dye into mice - I mean come on, what did they expect to happen? And what are they proposing - we turn our patients into smurfs? Speaking of which, the smurfs were full of that stuff, bet they never had issues with spinal cord injuries. I was just sitting back thinking wow, just when I thought I heard it all we are turning mice blue in the name of science. It didn't give specifics as to the type of injury, how the injury occurred, etc so obviously as someone said it is off the hand reporting, but hey, I'll take one blue mouse !