Dangerous Equipment

That's why I recommended reparations.

Of course once the reparations were made I would continue on in my life, not letting such an event hold me or my "people" back any further.

("people" meaning other EMS workers of course)

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The old style Ferno Stair Chairs.. Seriously.. WTF. It's a chair with wheels, no leverage, it's a back injury waiting to happen.

I want $20M. I could really use it too.. I only got into EMS, to help people. Probably because I some how have centuries lasting post traumatic stress, that was passed on through DNA, because of how poorly my people, were treated by the Indians in this area. To the effect of murders and scalping.

Not that I have anything against Indians.. PTSD - Sarcasm.. But the murder and scalping is true, as it was well recorded in history. It is also published, and widely known in the historical community.. In fact, you can find it on Wikipedia. That two of my ancestors were killed, and one scalped by Indians in the 1790's; members of my ancestory fought in the Revolution. I can provide details, for any trustworthy, non-stalkerish persons who are seriously interested, via PM of course.

Edited by 4c6

Just tell me that you are not referring to the notably most dangerous part of any vehicle:

The loose nut behind the wheel.

Probably this or something unsecured in the back.

This is an easy one. The doodad that secures the monitor, or the O2 tanks, or the cot. It doesn't hold well enough, $h!t goes flying and folks get whacked with it, either during a hard stop or a wreck.

That'd be my guess. Ooh! Someone want to guess how much I won in scratch tickets today? Never play- ever!!

(Seemed just about as relevant..)

Wendy

CO EMT-B

By far the most dangerous thing in the ambulance is the gurney or the patient. Gettinbg the gurney in and out of the ambulance has hurt many EMTs and Paramedics. As far as the patient goes both their weight and their attitudes will hurt or kill you.

Without patients none of us would have anything to do. If we don't have anything to do how are any of us going to become injured or die in a way that is related to work? If you really think about it you can blame everything on the patient. Even your ever widening ass from all those fast food on the run days. :P;)

In all seriousness I do think that the cot is the most likely culprit. In the service I work for the cot has more injuries related to it than any other piece of equipment by a pretty wide margin. That said many services blatant refusal to even attempt switching to power-lift cots must be a significant contributing factor.

I am sure this is going to be the driver, the siren, or the white man.

Sorry crotch...... getting hard to take you seriously again.

Whats with this again part ? ... the initial post is what I call "circle" talking, although Ruffems does have the best response so far ...

Are we now going down the road of "the guessing game" ??

Someone want to guess how much I won in scratch tickets today?

I would rather play Eyedawn's game .... my guess is 0 dollars !

cheers

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.