Confusing Patient Presentation

LittleMissEMT

Just curious..... How would that information direct/change your treatment in the field??

Part of my treatment in the field is getting the pt to the best possible care, in the most efficient manner.

SO.... I may reroute to a hospital with blood storage and a surgical suite and bypass my smalltown/suburban hospital, thereby relieving some stress off the ER's and putting it on the surgical suite/blood clinic, so funding/budgeting can be distributed appropriatly - AND my immediate patient can get the proper care the FIRST time!

I do not think of my job as "What do I NEED to know in the field, I think of it more as a continuum of health care. That is to say, EMS is not it's own entity, I do not have blinders on as to what "I need", as an EMS professional there is alot more to my job than what is happening in the back of my ambulance.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.