Michael Jackson has died

akflightmedic

I am so sad.

The King is dead. http://

Elvis is "The King"!

Michael Jackson was never convicted of child molestation (regrettably!) IMHO, he should have been.

Weren't what evolved into HIPAA enacted when MJ was hospitalized here in NYC at least a decade ago, and patient confidentiality was violated when "they" released details of him being taken to that hospital?

Sorry he died. Too young.

Would like to have seen what Michael had planned next.

A friend, who knew Michael personally, said he would never molest or be inappropriate in any way with children.

I believe him.

Elvis is "The King"!

Michael Jackson was never convicted of child molestation (regrettably!) IMHO, he should have been.

Weren't what evolved into HIPAA enacted when MJ was hospitalized here in NYC at least a decade ago, and patient confidentiality was violated when "they" released details of him being taken to that hospital?

Not sure what you are trying to say about HIPAA, however MJ had nothing to do with it. HIPAA first went before Congress in 1986 to be voted upon. Due to reviews, regulations, contesting, typical governmental bureaucracy, it was not formally released/enacted until 1996.

Well, mostly off topic, but how many people place a collar in non-traumatic intubated patients for tube maintance (to prevent tube dislodgement).
Here in there. If he had been in a collar, it wouldn't have been unusual. But that can get us pretty off-topic.

No, this is not a HIPAA think unless numbers and other data are released.
PIH would have been a more appropriate term, perhaps. I was also referring to all information surrounding the incident that could or would potentially be released by those on-scene if it seemed like a cover-up (like our conspiracy theorist FF/PM was proposing).

What was the date of conviction again? I tried Googling it but got nothing, but you seem to have some inside information...care to share?
And what was the date of conviction of OJ and many others? When it comes down to it, you have to put two and two together. They might not have been able to prove it in a court of law, but using one's head you'd have to intentionally refuse to see the obvious....I mean he had a freaking Neverland Ranch with Jesus Juice.

A friend, who knew Michael personally, said he would never molest or be inappropriate in any way with children. I believe him.
And what surprise child molester doesn't have a close friend or family member who KNOWS with all his heart that he would never molest or be inappropriate? (Which kind of sucks, cause those who would and wouldn't molest equally seem like the type who wouldn't.) But, yes, I too would have liked to see what music he brought out next, since he was definitely good at it.

Nor should they be allowed to become as rich and famous as the one EMS has supported for over 20 years.

Nor should 16 years be considered the legal age of consent in one state, but not the next, setting up such ambiguous terms as "paedophile" for this kind of debate.

And what was the date of conviction of OJ and many others? When it comes down to it, you have to put two and two together. They might not have been able to prove it in a court of law, but using one's head you'd have to intentionally refuse to see the obvious....

Or simply be stupid enough to be led around by the press. But I'm sure you're right, he wasn't convicted, I and others have personal friends that speak for him, but he's probably guilty because you read it in the Enquirer while pooping...Idiotic.

I mean he had a freaking Neverland Ranch with Jesus Juice.

Yeah, a fantasy land for terminally ill children, what a beast.

In my world "paedophile" is pretty strong language. I don't use it to describe those that have not been convicted of such a terrible crime. For you to convict anyone of such a thing based on some bullshit news stories is idiotic and disappointing. But then again, it's been shown that some classes of folks just rejoice at the pain of the rich, and that only requires appearance, not proof.

Have a good day all.

Dwayne

...easy to convict cuz he did everything sooo secretively. We all know that the rich and famous who have nothing to hide let the press see EVERYTHING. *sarcasm*. He was a weirdo. He was a ridiculously RICH and famous weirdo. But he had talent, and he made a lot of people happy. He died. I'm curious to know COD but it won't change anything...I'm still bitter that I was left out of the will!

Brat ;)

Or simply be stupid enough to be led around by the press. But I'm sure you're right, he wasn't convicted, I and others have personal friends that speak for him, but he's probably guilty because you read it in the Enquirer while pooping...Idiotic.

Yeah, a fantasy land for terminally ill children, what a beast.

In my world "paedophile" is pretty strong language. I don't use it to describe those that have not been convicted of such a terrible crime. For you to convict anyone of such a thing based on some bullshit news stories is idiotic and disappointing. But then again, it's been shown that some classes of folks just rejoice at the pain of the rich, and that only requires appearance, not proof.

Have a good day all.

Dwayne

You missed the point about the value of what personal friends have to say. When a teacher gets arrested for molestation, they always have close friends who are adamant that he wasn't incapable of it.

You're also de-valuing the theory that he was actually inappropriate with children by referring to sources like Enquierer. This was a pretty big thing on every news channel, conservative ones included. Yes, some classes enjoy the pain of the rich, but that's not the case here. He has great music I still listen to, but when it comes down to it, he was shady with those kids.

And I don't use the word molester lightly, either. Such things will mess you up for life.

Well, mostly off topic, but how many people place a collar in non-traumatic intubated patients for tube maintance (to prevent tube dislodgement).

For us its "strongly encouraged".

Done it a couple times- before the days of snazzy plastic ET holders and we only used copious amounts of tape to secure the tube. If the patient needed to be moved alot- carried around corners, tight spaces, etc, the collar came in handy.

Was never told not to or even discouraged. If it prevented a tube from slipping out, it was worth it.