Michael Jackson has died

akflightmedic

I do not see ANY sign of the ET tube coming out of his mouth. My question is this: did they have to cric him? and if so why? Or is this another case like that of Elvis, someone wanting to disappear from society? Seems strange to me, any thought, comments or?

No collar.

Properly placed ET tube holder with ET tube coming out of it.

The call was in fact very real and while HIPAA is in effect the rescue, engine, and higher ups who responded to the call would know and it would eventually spread if it wasn't.

No collar.

Properly placed ET tube holder with ET tube coming out of it.

The call was in fact very real and while HIPAA is in effect the rescue, engine, and higher ups who responded to the call would know and it would eventually spread if it wasn't.

Well, mostly off topic, but how many people place a collar in non-traumatic intubated patients for tube maintance (to prevent tube dislodgement).

For us its "strongly encouraged".

No, this is not a HIPAA think unless numbers and other data are released. For the EMS providers this falls under state, local and department patient privacy laws which have been in place for decades and probably centuries. Of course some in EMS also forget about the EMS code of ethics and EMT Oath.

The call probably went out over the scanner waves which every celebrity reporter has along with all the addresses memorized.

However, if EMS providers release the information themselves, there will been many violations and if certain information is released that falls under HIPAA, then is will also be included. But in CA, there are enough state regulations concerning patient privacy to keep the courts occupied if someone wants to push it. I would hope it would be dealt with from the ENS departments involved before it would have to go further.

Ok I have a question for everyone. I have attached a link to what the media claims is a picture of Michael Jackson being taken to the ambulance. I see a collar on him, and a BVM. From what I see the collar is pretty far up and looks to be over his bottom lip, or very close. I do not see ANY sign of the ET tube coming out of his mouth. My question is this: did they have to cric him? and if so why? Or is this another case like that of Elvis, someone wanting to disappear from society? Seems strange to me, any thought, comments or?

http://www.etonline.com/news/2009/06/75724/index.html

That's the tube holder across his mouth, not a C collar.

Man, that's one code I definitely wouldn't wanna be around.

...Maybe it's best that way though... Pedophiles should not be allowed to have kids.

What was the date of conviction again? I tried Googling it but got nothing, but you seem to have some inside information...care to share?

Dwayne