PETA spouts more nonsense

Lone Star

Every now and then, the media comes out and does some story on an acute overpopulation due to some phenomenon, like wildfires or something, with no season near. Even then, they never seem to find pictures of dead deer laying around.

There simply are not enough deer hunters in this country to affect the population that drastically. And it amazes me that someone who believes that theory doesn't also believe in global warming.

Earth has a funny way of maintaining homeostasis despite our best efforts.

Edited by Dustdevil

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nonsense. I have never in my life found a deer lying dead of starvation in the woods, and you haven't either.

The manifestation is not starvation in vast majority of cases when over population becomes the issue, as in the late 60s Elk (an introduced species) in Jasper National Park this was true story and a huge cull took place although politically correct now, they round em up and ship them someplace else (after they treat the liver Flukes first ) typical "mother natures response" is introducing disease.

Another more recent example in southern Alberta where deer/vermin have multiplied beyond belief ... resulting in Whirling disease, I assisted the highway "cull" using my truck to eliminate at least one bambi ... dang it.

a bullet 25 cents a truck 12 G !

Nonsense. I have never in my life found a deer lying dead of starvation in the woods, and you haven't either. It's one of those BS myths like MAST, HEMS, and abandonment.

I have. It happens when they over populate. That and in a weakened state they also catch and die from illnesses that normally would do no harm.

I recently got Bambi's daddy with a 2003 Mercury Grand Marquis. We have so many deer here in Iowa it isn't funny. There is one area near here that is a small 180 acres part in trees., part in grass and cropland and the deer population in there is about 40 to 50. We do find them dead and not from being shot but for the fact that disease, age and lack of food takes its toll. They also litter the highways and so do some of the cars that hit them.

The manifestation is not starvation in vast majority of cases when over population becomes the issue, as in the late 60s Elk (an introduced species) in Jasper National Park this was true story and a huge cull took place although politically correct now, they round em up and ship them someplace else (after they treat the liver Flukes first ) typical "mother natures response" is introducing disease.

Another more recent example in southern Alberta where deer/vermin have multiplied beyond belief ... resulting in Whirling disease, I assisted the highway "cull" using my truck to eliminate at least one bambi ... dang it.

a bullet 25 cents a truck 12 G !

Better one of your deer than one of our moose! Course, at least then there would have been meat left for you to take home!

Brat ;)

Ah don't want to paste a "Swamp Donkey" we have lots of those deals too, they kill people !

Nonsense. I have never in my life found a deer lying dead of starvation in the woods, and you haven't either. It's one of those BS myths like MAST, HEMS, and abandonment.

That's because you generally don't find deer lying dead in the forest of anything, any animal in the forest that is that weak will generally have been found, hunted down, and torn to smithereens like Mylie Cyrus in a pack of R. Kelly clones. Even if hunters don't have any effect on any population at all, even if there is no reason to hunt except for sport, doesn't mean hunters are doing any thing any worse than what happens every second of every minute of every day.

I actively donate to the ASPCA but I think PETA is a bunch of loons. And I don't mean the sad sounding duck things.

I recently got Bambi's daddy with a 2003 Mercury Grand Marquis. We have so many deer here in Iowa it isn't funny. There is one area near here that is a small 180 acres part in trees., part in grass and cropland and the deer population in there is about 40 to 50. We do find them dead and not from being shot but for the fact that disease, age and lack of food takes its toll. They also litter the highways and so do some of the cars that hit them.

I live in Waukee how about you? I have hit 7 deer since August of 2008. I drive a Black 2008 Kia Rio that seems to be a deer magnet.