DUMBEST THING EVER HEARD ON THE RADIO/SCANNER

THE_DITCH_DOCTOR

• 1 month later...

I just heard something on the radio that was so absurd that I immediately went looking for this topic to post it.

Firemonkey: Just some trees and overhead wires. Nothing else.

• :roll:

Flight Medic: Engine 2, are there any landing hazards or obstructions at the LZ?

Firemonkey: Just some trees and overhead wires. Nothing else.

Oh

My

GAWD!

"Just some trees and overhead wires. Nothing else." Can the person who actually said this walk and chew gum at the same time? (I know the original was different, just keeping it rated "G" here)

Just today we were listening to a call for an active woods fire, the fire chief told his deputy to stop at his house and "pick up the Skiddah, we gonna have to dig this ******* out." I have to tell you, an hour later we were still laughing...only in Maine !!!! BTW...the woods survived. :lol:

Well, it is the East Coast's forest fire season. We have to dig fires out all the time, usually by hand. Peat bogs, etc. It's a common fire in New England and the rust belt. Skid-Steer's, backhoes, et al, come in handy. Nothing like sinking knee deep in fire.

L-6: " Uh, we're in line at the McDonald's drive through, but we will get right on it."

Dispatch: "You drive over the curb and go NOW!"

L-6: "But we already paid."

I was called to a residence for a female with smoke inhalation. We asked if there was an active structure fire. Nope, she was just cooking. After that shift I told my wife I would try to complain less about her cooking.

I volunteer on the campus rescue team at my college and one night I heard a call go out for the fire department to respnd to the dorm next to mine for fire watch because the fire alarms had been shut off because they weren't working properly.

As an aside, no one responded, and the Resident Assistants had to do it. Can't say I blame the firefighters for not showing up at 11pm till 7am.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.