DUMBEST THING EVER HEARD ON THE RADIO/SCANNER

THE_DITCH_DOCTOR

I was out playing basketball and had my pager with me...County had just placed someone available, and out of no where the EMS crew that was placed available asked if anyone wanted meatballs...no one replied so they said fine I wont bring you any. I fell on the court laughing...

After responding to a call for a water rescue, the fire dept. from a neighboring town is heading back to the station. Over the radio, the following is heard:

Chief: Nothing luck a bunch of dumb f*cking duck hunters to f*ck up a day. You would think they would be able to pull their head out of their a$$ long enough to realize that if all three of them lean over the same side of the boat, the f*cking boat is going to tip. How f*cking stupi..

Captain: Uh chief

Chief: What

Captain: Just thought I would let you know, the mike is keyed up.

Chief: Oh f*....

The conversation cuts out.

I happened to be at my moms when this happened listening to the radio. My dad was the chief. Mom and I laughed so hard I thought we would piss ourselves. We laughed for days. So did the rest of the county. I can't wait for his retirement ceremony this winter, I'm sure the guys will include this incident.

Where I am we sign in with the hospital whenever we respond somewhere. We get dispatched to a car that drove into a house.

Ambulance: responding to a house vs car.

Hospital: recieved, are you saying it was the house that was mobile?

Ambulance (after realizing they reversed to two): uhhh...that is unknown at this time, we will advise.

I guess it could have been a motor home...

Got another one that seems to happen often since they hired two new dispatchers.

Dispatch: Ambulance XX, your needed at the intersection of ABC and XYZ for a 10-50 with injuries. Car versus semi.

Hey dumba$$ dispatchers, that would make it a 10-52. 10-50s don't have injuries.

I'm not on a 911 ambulance service, but we do occasionally get 911 rollovers. It's scary how often this happens.

Dispatch: Medic XX, need you to respond to 123 XYZ St. for an injured person.

Medic XX: Clear. Do you have coordinates?

Dispatch: Negative. You don't need them.

Uh, hello?! I don't know every street in the county, and coordinates are faster than looking it up in the mapbook. :banghead:

-Kat

Got another one that seems to happen often since they hired two new dispatchers.

Dispatch: Ambulance XX, your needed at the intersection of ABC and XYZ for a 10-50 with injuries. Car versus semi.

Hey dumba$$ dispatchers, that would make it a 10-52. 10-50s don't have injuries.

What state are you in Kat?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.