DUMBEST THING EVER HEARD ON THE RADIO/SCANNER

THE_DITCH_DOCTOR

The service I train with has a dispatcher that has shown up to work drunk. This is was one of her heavily intoxicated nights.

Dispatcher (600): 6769 could you go to XXXstreet for.....

Truck 6744: Ah 600 we don't have a truck 6769, but we'll take that call

Dispatcher (600): Ah....OK...Thanks 6744

Shoot.... You HAVE to be drunk to do this job :P

Not so much dumb, but ultimately scary...

Unit: Forty Seven Boy!

Queens East Dispatch: 47 Boy, stand by, 47 Charlie, update out of hospital?

Unit: 47 Boy!

Dispatch: 47 Boy, I'm tryin' to give jobs out, here!

Unit: 47 BOOOYYY!

Dispatch: 47 Boy, what is your problem?

Unit: You don't understand, dispatch, we just saw a plane crash in Belle Harbor!

(5 seconds of radio silence, which I figure was the dispatcher saying, off mike, "Holy ****, SUPERVISOR TO QUEENS EAST, FORTHWITH!"

Dispatch: (3 alerting tones) ALL UNITS STAND BY! FOUR SEVEN BOY, STATE LOCATION!

(This was how I found out that the mass of flames and smoke I was looking at, a half mile from me, was the crash of American Airlines Flight 587, Monday, November 12, 2001 . That voice from 47 Boy is now a lieutenant.)

One of our crews was dispatched to a hospital to take a psych pt. from that er to a local psych er. According to all reports (I wasn't on at the time) they were dispatched on a male, 20 month pregnant, hermaphodite vampire with a velvet cape and a wand. I'm surprised all of our crews didn't run off the road.

Not so much dumb, but ultimately scary...

Unit: Forty Seven Boy!

Queens East Dispatch: 47 Boy, stand by, 47 Charlie, update out of hospital?

Unit: 47 Boy!

Dispatch: 47 Boy, I'm tryin' to give jobs out, here!

Unit: 47 BOOOYYY!

Dispatch: 47 Boy, what is your problem?

Unit: You don't understand, dispatch, we just saw a plane crash in Belle Harbor!

(5 seconds of radio silence, which I figure was the dispatcher saying, off mike, "Holy ****, SUPERVISOR TO QUEENS EAST, FORTHWITH!"

Dispatch: (3 alerting tones) ALL UNITS STAND BY! FOUR SEVEN BOY, STATE LOCATION!

(This was how I found out that the mass of flames and smoke I was looking at, a half mile from me, was the crash of American Airlines Flight 587, Monday, November 12, 2001 . That voice from 47 Boy is now a lieutenant.)

Respectfully, I think this one tops it.

• 2 weeks later...

Enroute to a T-Bone MVC with entrapment...THe first Responders called to us with a pt report, obviously excited. They reported that we had 2 pts, one still entrapped and one that had been ejaculated by first response team. I nearly ran the ambulance off the road.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.