DUMBEST THING EVER HEARD ON THE RADIO/SCANNER

THE_DITCH_DOCTOR

LMAO! :lol:

The off-colour use of the word "unit" has only come of fashion since I retired. Thank God for that, because it was probably the second most common term for the ambulance here (second to 'truck')!

Maybe MizzouMedic will remember this, but Boone County Missouri Station #1 had a very, uh, effeminate firefighter (he sounded like every stereotype of a gay man you can think of- imagine Big Gay Al from South Park) and he was driving the engine to a fire on Rainbow Trout Drive. He marks on scene with the following, "Dispatch, This is Engine 1, establishing Rainbow Command!"

DITCH,

I do remember him and, ironically enough, he is now a Boone County Deputy. LOL. But I remember that day.

Here's another great one. Today, we were dispatched as such, "Engine 7, Medic 21 - Cardiac Arrest at **** *** street. Pt is a 26 yo male who is unconscious but breathing." We were laughing the entire way to the scene.

Come to find out, it was another college student passed out next to the door of his truck. Apparently he got drunk, planned to sleep in his truck...and that's as far as he made it.

We laughed on the way home also.

(background) 2 intersecting streets in the city elm st....gas st

when called by dispatch you give your location

dispatch called officer so and so to take a call he answered......

10-5, im by elm st passing gas..........................(hehe)

this happened the other day to us ******rescue please respond for pt who has superglued he finger to counter. Get there and pt had glued entire index finger to counter. After 40 minutes of working with acetone to get finger undone we had to cut off the laminate portion of counter and send her to ED. Very hard not to laugh the whole time

We were coming back from a call one day last summer..I was in the ambulance and all of a sudden we hear "Living La Vida Loca" start playing over the fire radio...then we hear "Oh S**t!" and "Let go of the mike!" and the radio goes quiet...

We found out later that they were playing a CD in one of the trucks and someone in the officers seat was playing with the mike and the call button got stuck..

Oops!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.