17 and EMT state certified?

Seriously, if your school did not answer that question for you, then your school sucks. Can you really trust a school that would just take your money without any regard whatsoever as to whether you are wasting your money or not?

can it be possible? im asking because im 16 and im a EMT-B student but i heard that you can somehow take the state exam at the age of 17 is this true? :huh: btw i live in florida

At your next class, ask your instructor.

No sorry hun but you do need to be 18. Where are you taking your class?

Again-if you are a student, ask your instructor or preceptor. If not, check with your state regulatory agency- Department of Public Health?

I tend to agree with Dustdevil. This information should have clearly and thoroughly been covered in the first couple days of the class. If in fact it had been covered, attention to detail is paramount.

Take care,

chbare.

You can become a First Responder at any time but in order to do your clinicals, ride times, and take the NREMT exam you have to be 18.

Sweety here is the link to our Department of Health: http://www.doh.state.fl.us/mqa/EMT-Paramed...ts.html#Initial

If you are taking this in High School I'm going to guess you are either at Edison High or Homestead Sr. High. Neither school truely have an EMT-B course. Yes I know what your transcripts yes, yes I know what your teachers are telling you. You will graduating as a First Responder and then have to retake the EMT-B course when your 17 almost 18. Been there done that. I cried, I fought, I still had to retake the course at the college. At the college we had a 17 year old almost 18 rushing to get his rides and clinicals done. I'm sorry to be the barer of bad news. :cry:

Edited by Gypsy