Floridia Firemonkey Fail

Dustdevil

As a friend of Chris and his family, I can tell you that there is a lot to the story as always. No one can condone his actions or behaviors and it is pretty nasty. That being said, his choices led him to having some major issues with drugs and while it shouldn't be an excuse, he was definitely not himself the last couple years before this happened. It's just really sad what drugs can do to someone, even someone who has been a good person throughout life. Anyone who knew him before his troubles knows what really is inside. His trial is tomorrow, and he is expected to plea bargin for a 10 year sentence. I know that the last year he has been locked up have cleaned him up from the drugs, and he is accepting of his punishment. I know in our business there is a lot of sick humor and that's how we deal or have dealt with sick things. This is no different, but it just goes to show how drugs can rip through someones life and ruin a good part of it that's for sure. No one should pass judgement, you never know what can happen throughout your life to bring you to a bad point. It may be a different decision and you may not ever make the one(s) he did, but we all need to remember that crappy things like this can end up happening to most of us if we're not always on top of things. Let the bashing begin, but I hope some still have some type of heart.

Did his service offer support if you reported yourself for drug use? Why did he not seek help? Why now that he is going to prison does he see the light? Why did his service not do random drug screening which would have caught him and perhaps saved his cousin life long scars?

Edited by spenac

I don't believe his dept did screening but they may have done randoms I'm not sure of that. Like I said there is a lot more to the case including the cousin who at 15 has already been in and out of rehabs, psych wards, suicide attempts you name it. Their family as a whole is a very troubled family. Not that it makes him right at all, but trust me she was a very troubled youth who lived pretty much as an adult herself. A lot of us wish he had been helped before all of this. All most of us can be somewhat glad for is that he didn't OD and while his life will be screwed for many years, he still has the chance to live a good part of his life making ammends for his actions.

I don't believe his dept did screening but they may have done randoms I'm not sure of that. Like I said there is a lot more to the case including the cousin who at 15 has already been in and out of rehabs, psych wards, suicide attempts you name it. Their family as a whole is a very troubled family. Not that it makes him right at all, but trust me she was a very troubled youth who lived pretty much as an adult herself. A lot of us wish he had been helped before all of this. All most of us can be somewhat glad for is that he didn't OD and while his life will be screwed for many years, he still has the chance to live a good part of his life making ammends for his actions.

You still don't give any consideration for the girl he sexually battered and what additional troubles he added to her life. Taking advantage of a troubled youth is probably one of the lowest actions someone could do.

I am very surprised he made the FD unless he has some help from a relative within the FD. If his co-workers knew of his problems with drugs, they should also be disciplined since there is that "protect and serve" thing with the FD and that shouldn't mean just protecting their own.

Edited by VentMedic
  • Like 2

I agree there's no excuse, but that's what drugs will do to someone over time. No inhibitions and no care for anyone else. Just living in whatever moment is there. All I can say about him getting in the FD is you would be amazed at how many FF's have drug or alcohol problems because of the job. I'm sure Medics are in the same boat, since most of them work dual certified a lot of the time and the job is sometimes the same. This profession can have a way of making even the strongest person lose their mind over time and turn to substances to dull things out. I would doubt many if any knew about his problems within the fire service, but I wouldn't doubt that the majority of the dept has their own major issues and aren't concerned with his. That's the sad reality of it. The "brotherhood" at least in these areas really doesn't apply too much, and that's pretty depressing in its own right.

Well, apparently it wasn't an Explorer, lol.

http://www.myfoxtamp...s_arrest_052809

Police: man had sex with teenage cousin

Updated: Thursday, 28 May 2009, 9:17 AM EDT

Published : Thursday, 28 May 2009, 8:50 AM EDT

Christopher_Kilduff_Mugshot_20090528081839_320_240.JPEG

SARASOTA - A Sarasota man is facing charges of lewd and lascivious battery and incest after police say he had sex with his 15-year-old cousin.

Police arrested Christopher Kilduff, 28, Wednesday night.

According to the arrest affidavit, the victim said Kilduff offered her Oxycodone and marijuana, which she declined, and then he asked her to have sex with him.

Arrest records show Kilduff, who listed his occupation as an EMT with the Sarasota County Fire Department, is being held in the county jail in $10,000 bond.

This is my take on it. This is not my run so I really don't care but...............EMT-b training does not teach these guys how sensitive a job they hold. Just the possession of Vicodin and Pot are out side the fence. It is still the south, so.....I will raise an eyebrow to the cousin issue. It have heard of several Sex Offenses in that area. Someone might ask what is going on. This type of issue is very complex and other EMS Providers passing judgment does not help. Remember this...... put a firefighter in a room with 2 steel balls, he will brake one and loose the other. I know I have done it myself. Guy should have asked for help before his addictions got out of hand. BUMMER FOR EVERYONE.
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

I got to know the family when on vacation they are really nice people. Drugs can ruin peoples lives and unfortunately it has done this to such a nice family. When I was introduced to Chris he was such a nice caring guy wudnt hurt a fly and within a few weeks of me getting home from my vacation I heard this shocking story.There is clearly more to it than meets the eye. I am fond of Chris I dont condone his actions but the guy I met was not the guy that did these horriffic things. He needed help and nobody friends n family alike failed to notice this so everyone let him down. I hope that he has cleaned himself up inside and when he is released when ever that is he will have the support he needs to stop him from going to drugs again when things get difficult. I do my best to keep informed but it is not easy for people to talk about without getting angry or upset. All in all the family are good folk and do not deserve to be getting a slanging match just because of one mishap on Chris' part, he has done wrong he knows it hence why he pleaded guilty to the charges im sure.

Time will tell and the whole story will come out in the wash

I'm always surprised when I read about someone "asking" someone to have sex with them. Does anyone really do that? I don't think I've ever asked anyone to have sex with me. I mean, you don't ask. You just do it! And if you have to ask, then you probably shouldn't be doing it!

I know I've never had to ask any of my cousins! :D

Edited by Dustdevil

• 6 months later...

...According to Paul Dezzi, Sarasota County assistant fire chief, Kilduff is on administrative leave pending the Sarasota Police Department investigation and an internal investigation by the fire department. Kilduff has been with the SFD for less than two years.

"If convicted, he could not work here because he would lose some of his certifications," Dezzi said Thursday.

E-mail: eallen@sun-herald.com</blockquote>

So...he would no longer be able to work there, due to losing some certifications?

Nevermind being found guilty of sexual "whatevers" with a minor.

-5 points to the Assistant Chief. -1 to me for not keeping up with EMT City's forums.

Sorry, I know this thread had dust gathering, but I just now ran across it, and was surprised that no one else picked up on it and called him out ;)

Edited by Rescue0ne

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.