Oklahoma Highway Patrol and Paramedic Confrontation

okmedic

A judge gets to decide validity of probable cause and wrongful arrest is not a pretty thing, thank god we have the RCMP here, the best trained police force (and respected) in the free world.

Uh huh. Anyway, thank you for making my point. If you're being unlawfully arrested, you'll get the last laugh in court. I'm saying that the side of the road is not the time to decide that you aren't going to submit to arrest because YOU think it's bogus.

The Swat analogy is extreme and has nothing to do with this, besides if ERT team decides to storm MY HOUSE there's typically a phone call from a negotiator before it gets that far of storm troopers breaking down the door (ps you watch way to much TV)

Extreme? Ever hear of a no-knock warrant, genius? There's no "negotiator" when they're forcing entry on a search. And your is neighbor sitting up at 3am watching your house for you? Wow, nice guy.

Daring to tell a police officer he is an guilty of obstruction is punishable by death .. absurd, I thought yours was the land of freedom and home of the brave ? Guess I was wrong.

Lol, wtf are you talking about?

I was being sarcastic, I just *hate* country music. I'd rather puncture my ear drums. Some of the songs are like reading a Southern Psychiatrist's note pad with background music.

tniugs, appears maybe you need to get away from EMTCity for a while..... B)

Perhaps .. but then I would miss out the edjumicational information that dust has so politely provided ... bless you bro ... my present "backwoods" deployment has only females that are either > 250 kgs. and have very few teeth (of there own) and listen to Toby Keith nonstop ;)

If they put on swimming attire in this bug infested skeg area, I would have forced to go IO to treat for hypovolemia.

cheers

Ever hear of a no-knock warrant, genius?

Actually here in Canukistan Colonies (well unless there is a meth lab or a grow op or worse .. like a active sniper) there is not such a critter as a "no knock"warrant (called writ of assist) I find it rather amusing that a few on this site do not comprehend there is life above the lower 49 states, with very different cultural values, break down my door in the middle of the night and I will offer to make a cup of "timmies" just to be polite.

Ever watch Micheal Moore over the firearms controversy in the US ... he found that we Canuks really DO NOT lock our doors even in down town T.O. Per capita 1/10th the murder rate but more firearms per capita ... but then perhaps its because we live in tents and igloos ? Unfortunately we do have country music ... and gee thanks for that :P

AND the top of the hit parade right now by Charlie Pride and REALLY North of Ft. Mcmurray ......

I got tears in me ears, while laying on my back, crying over you, after my dawg got kilt by a pick-me-up-truck.

A sequel to follow ... something like: (and please sing along)

Well I used to be a Oky State Storm Trooper but now Iam crying over loosing his job fer stopping a big red bus in the middle of da road.

I can't wait till that comes out.

Edited by tniuqs

Can't help and wonder that if they wern't a private ems unit that this would have happened in the first place, I mean LAPD wouldn't pull over any of our medic units.

Unclear. Depends on the system since in some areas, the only transport crews are private providers, so they would be the only people LEOs would deal with.

It's called professional courtesy. If- and it's a big IF- the driver actually flipped off the cop, the cop could have lodged a complaint with the company, confronted the person later, or both. This cop clearly got his feathers ruffled and he screwed up. BIG TIME.

I wonder what the cop does for John Q Public that fails to yield to him if he has no problem pulling over and hassling an ambulance crew?

AND the top of the hit parade right now by Charlie Pride and REALLY North of Ft. Mcmurray ......

Ah, Ft. McMurray. Named for that Canadian rock and roll icon, Anne Murray, right?

And it's CHARLEY Pride.

Charlie is Charlie Daniels. ;)

Edited by Dustdevil

Ah, Ft. McMurray. Named for that Canadian rock and roll icon, Anne Murray, right?

bwhaaa ha ha ... Icon ..... Nope sorry nothing to do with Ann Murray .. (thank god ... no photo available) Although everyone from her "hood" lives here now and I have still have NO IDEA what they are saying.

Sample:

'hay der bouys ... wer'e ya two, Ill come to where ur ine at .... :huh: ?

I stand corrected about Charley thanks although I believe I have been introduced to Mr Daniels ;)

And K. Westley said my hooch was rot gut ??

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.