Oklahoma Highway Patrol and Paramedic Confrontation

okmedic

You don't get to decide if the officer arresting you has probable cause, you don't get to decide if the arrest if lawful. You're being arrested, you submit. Period. Anything else is resisting arrest and there is a very fine line before you cross over into assaulting an officer.

Ok when your in uniform, informing the LEO you have a patient, career suicide for the cop ... as this story will end up proving especially when the family phone cams the incident .. hey if its good for the cops to video then its fair for the rest of we peons too.

A judge gets to decide validity of probable cause and wrongful arrest is not a pretty thing, thank god we have the RCMP here, the best trained police force (and respected) in the free world.

I know we often rant and rave here about the abuses of government and "Damn the Man!" and all that. This is one situation where deciding that you're going to wage a one-man crusade against the government is going to get you in a heap of trouble, just like opening fire on a SWAT team breaking your door down is going to get you blown into chunky salsa, whether they've got the right house or not. We aren't all going to be as lucky as Mr. White and get away with it.

The Swat analogy is extreme and has nothing to do with this, besides if ERT team decides to storm MY HOUSE there's typically a phone call from a negotiator before it gets that far of storm troopers breaking down the door (ps you watch way to much TV)

Daring to tell a police officer he is an guilty of obstruction is punishable by death .. absurd, I thought yours was the land of freedom and home of the brave ? Guess I was wrong.

cheers

Edited by tniuqs

Yeah, busy with things like traffic control. They'd never interrupt that to jack up a fireman.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LC6oqLhbr0

Never say never.

The ending to this story from the courts:

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1...2/posts?page=51

Missouri police officer fined $18,000 for arresting firefighter on emergency call

03:59 PM MST on Friday, February 15, 2008

(KMOV) -- A police officer in Hazelwood will have to pay thousands of dollars for getting into it with a firefighter while he was trying to help an accident victim.

News 4 obtained police video that shows the Hazelwood police officer arresting a fire captain while he's trying to move an injured driver.

It happened on Interstate 270 back in May of 2003.

Officer Todd Greeves wanted a fire truck moved to open up another lane of traffic.

The Robertson Fire Protection District Captain wanted the truck there to protect emergency workers.

Officer Greeves has been ordered to pay $18,000.

His attorney says he's disappointed and that his client's conduct was not malicious in any way.

I have been told he (the officer) was fired as well. I don't know that for sure, nor can I find anything on it doing a two min. google search, but I do know that around here in fire and ems he is hated and dogged.

Edited by mshow00

I have been told he (the officer) was fired as well. I don't know that for sure, nor can I find anything on it doing a two min. google search, but I do know that around here in fire and ems he is hated and dogged.

I followed that story pretty closely when it came out. Everything I have read says the police chief stood behind the officer and maintains that he did nothing wrong. Pretty weird, because the officer in Dallas that stopped the family on the way to the hospital did nothing wrong either, but he's still in the unemployment line. I give the Dallas officer big props for being man enough to stand up and admit he was wrong, rather than playing the system.

Extremely poor judgement can manifest itself without violating a law. However, such behaviour must be nipped in the bud before it becomes criminal. No way should OHP be standing behind this guy.

As for the $18k, I have never figured out whether it was a fine or a judgement to be paid to the fire captain, or whether the officer or the city paid it, or if it got paid at all. I expect that it probably went to appeal and has not been paid at all.

Edited by Dustdevil

Again I can say never will happen, this type of stuff happens in the midwest and orther messed up parts of the country, you know places were Toby Keith is king.

Go back to the other site atropine.

Again I can say never will happen, this type of stuff happens in the Midwest and orther messed up parts of the country, you know places were Toby Keith is king.

Oh please, surely you can come with up a better line than that. Yeah, let's start really comparing behavior and who has the reputation of brutality? The only reason we do not see or hear about abuse of powers in some areas is that it is a usual occurrences. Guess what? There was no rioting nor the need of increasing protection, even when disasters occur, there is not. Do you want to really want to compare behavior within regions? I would not even suggest going there.

Ironically, Toby Keith is NOT thought as a king, nor Vince Gill, Garth Brooks, Reba, or even Flaming Lips... Such popular personalities are not idolized as much as the local football team members. Personally I was disappointed that OKC did not throw Jessica Alba's butt in jail for recently placarding "save the sharks" poster around town. Yeah and you think us in the Mid-West are screwed up?

It will be dealt with alike most of the occurrences that happens here. It will done after the line light will fade away. The reason this is such big news is that it is a rare occurrence. The trooper is toast, one way or another. Where and what they will do will be determined. One thing is certain, that this occurrence will never be tolerated again by OHP. This is quite contrary where I continue to see abuse of powers by cities and communities that have LEO fined, incarcerated but allowed to continue.

Personally I was disappointed that OKC did not throw Jessica Alba's butt in jail for recently placarding "save the sharks" poster around town.

I offered to hold her under house arrest for them. You know, save the state some money and all. I felt it was my civic duty as a patriotic American. They weren't going for it though.

Or maybe it was her that wasn't going for it.

Who the hell is Jessica Alba ?

I didn't know either til I seen her in a movie on late night cable a few weeks ago.

Let's just say that she's hott enough to overlook her Herpes.

Jessica_Alba.jpg

Jessica%20Alba2.jpg

Edited by Dustdevil

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.