Oklahoma Highway Patrol and Paramedic Confrontation

okmedic

What I found really bizarre about the dash cam video is that he had his wife in the car with him, yet he never says a single word to her the entire time. :huh:

I really expected to hear him yelling, "That sonofabitch! I'm gonna get him!" when he was supposedly flipped off, but nothing! Something just doesn't add up about that.

Because they're both familiar with this kind of behavior as routine for him?

The medic was interviewed on CBS This Morning.

http://www.cbs.com/daytime/the_early_show/...he%20Early%20Sh

ow&pid=VP3ONc2bovszwnPExKI9uqWtcD_U0yX2&show=all&offset=0&play=true

I'm a little tired of the media ignorance, constantly asking why he wasn't running hot if he had a patient, as if that is what we automatically do when loaded. This is what all these shows like Turd Watch get us. Ignorance reinforced by the popular media.

If you click on that link after 1600hrs EDT, it's going to be on page 2 or 3, it's been slowly covered by other stories. I think the lesson to be learned is.. This guy is a loose cannon, he shouldn't be walking the streets with a lethal weapon in arms reach. Let him keep the badge, take away his gun, put him behind a desk. I think it may be safe to say, that it would be with the best interest of the public in mind,

Most of us seem to agree that the officers behavior was way out of line. If you feel that more severe disciplinary action is in order, as I do, you can email the Chief of Patrol Van Guillotte. His email address is choffice@dps.state.ok.us

After reviewing the dash and cell phone footage several times, as well as the written reports, I believe there is no question that this cop has no business with brass and badge of any sort. His behavior was unprofessional from the moment he stepped out of the truck and only got worse. He has no business as a police officer. We can discuss this until our fingers bleed, but we need to make our opinions known to those in charge. An email or letter of support for White to his superiors would also be a good gesture. The Creek Nation EMS director is Scott Randall; his address is below. I could not find an email.

Link to OHP site

http://www.dps.state.ok.us/ohp/tngrct/default.htm

Creek Nation EMS

Scott Randal, Chief

309 North 14th Street

Okemah, OK 74809-2028

I didn't see any previous posting of this info, but if there was sorry for the repeat.

I don't think 200 letters of opinion from around the world would sway the case in either direction. May piss people off, actually, I thought at first the OP was the paramedic in the video, since they have similar names. Maybe linking to here to show support. But usually in similar matters where the ambo driver did nothing wrong, they know the 'ems community' supports them. If you really want to make change, have EMS personnel in that area write to their political representatives.

Edited by 4c6

Martin said he decided to take White into custody because of obstruction of the officer's duties.
after being told of a patient going to the ER.

What exactly were the troopers duties? (and what did he think they were?)

Did they change after he was told of the patient?

Did they change after the second trooper showed up?

Did they change after he called his supervisor and his supervisor (or DA's office) said you did what??

Did they change after the video was placed on youtube?

I would sincerely love to see a state police supervisor give a video presentation (on youtube) of both videos and all statements made by the trooper and EMS. This would take more courage than any trooper I have ever known has.

The Sequoyah County Times story sure does leave out a lot of details.

On a side note, I would not leave the roadway or slow down until clearing the no pass zone (unless there is sufficient roadway). With a patient I would slow to about 10 mph before leaving the roadway.

I talked to some of the Paramedic co-workers yesterday. Mr. White (Maurice) will never be a rich man from this. There is a limitation which is nominal (especially after attorneys fee) and truthfully would be less than most Paramedics yearly salary. If he settles out with a no trial, it would be about $ 30,000. So no, if he does pursue it; it would never be for the money or any financial gains.

This of course has been the buzz especially in the areas that this occurred. Now, attempts to tarnish the Paramedics reputation and rumors of his past (work, etc) is trying to be brought up to discount the event. In reality, no matter the past, the incident should not had ever occurred. Period.

What we are hoping is a learning point to have happened. Introduction of behavior modifications of how OHP academy teaches, (as it is known to be one of the roughest) and behavior and attitude of all LEO and EMS personnell. Something both sides can learn from. That both sides really should have only one goal but allow and respect each others position and role.

This has at least awakened some of the public to the dangers within our profession. Unfortunately, one would never had thought it would come from the law enforcement side.

R/r 911

Edited by Ridryder 911

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.