To study or not to study

As some of you already know, I have moved to Florida from North Carolina and am having to take the Florida exam. I just had to fill out some paperwork and I can schedule the exam any time in the next 12 months. I just got my medic cert 9 months ago, and have only been out of school for ten months. So I was wondering, should I try to study or will that possibly make me freak out and do more harm than good? If there is anyone who has taken the FL exam, is there any particular points you would brush up on?

I live in Mi but applied to sunstar ambulance service, he gave me a whole lot of info including a

practice 150 question test. Sunstar is in Florida. I have been a medic since 1995 in MI. I took

the parctice test and I passed. Let me know I will E-mail it too you. My e-mail is Medic82942003@yahoo.com. I will send you all the info he gave me. Good luck.

I live in Mi but applied to sunstar ambulance service, he gave me a whole lot of info including a

practice 150 question test. Sunstar is in Florida. I have been a medic since 1995 in MI. I took

the parctice test and I passed. Let me know I will E-mail it too you. My e-mail is Medic82942003@yahoo.com. I will send you all the info he gave me. Good luck.

The guy in florida said the Florida test is simular to NREMT, he did not advise to take the test

cold, but to study. He also said alot of Ohio and MI people are relocating due to jobs in

Florida right now. Cheers.

... So I was wondering, should I try to study....?

Really, what is the harm in refreshing your memory? Too much information? No such thing, except for weird social situations.

I say do study, and check into whether there are some different protocols you need to be aware of.

Best of luck to you!

Chaser

I'm going to schedule the exam for a few weeks from now. I have been here for a week and a half and the mountain of boxes is slowly being climbed. Many thanks so medic829 for the practice exam for Sunstar and trauma protocols from Vent. I haven't had a chance to look at them yet. I'll let you all know how the exam goes.

• 3 weeks later...

I passed and am now officially a dual state certified paramedic. I am super medic, hear me roar...ok maybe meow. Thank again for all your advice and to Medic829 and Vent for the study materials.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.