I/85 Document

see, who needs google when you have ch? Always good info from him.

No idea where to look for that.. I tried their website, which you'd think it would be on.. But, unless it's hidden under something, I can't find it.

Actually, many states do not technically use the DOT I-85 NSC; however, when their curriculum meets or exceeds the 85 level, the NREMT may allow graduates to test out at that level. However, many states do not use the NREMT-I/85.

Unfortunately, all you can find is the I99 curriculum. NREMT will still test the 85 (very limited amount of time with the new SOP changes). Your best bet is to pull the I-85 material from the 99 curriculum if you are looking for a guideline to the standard.

The I85 standard consists of the introductory material, medical terminology, airway management (The State can specify if ETT is taught), shock management and IV therapy, and patient assessment. Anything else is supplemental to the original I85 curriculum.

In fact, the NREMT-I/85 psychomotor stations only include; airway, patient assessment and management trauma, IV therapy, and a random basic skill. ETT is not a requirement of the airway station.

Take care,

chbare.

It's not just the NSC.. It's any I/85 Curriculum. I couldn't find any of them. I found a book written in 1991 about it on Amazon, that was about the extent of it.

Edited by 4c6