Brady's CourseCompass, Blackboard or WebCT

Does anyone have any experience with Brady's CourseCompass, Blackboard or WebCT? I am wanting to use it for the next EMT class I hold here but I don't know which of the programs I need or if I need all of them. I was wanting to be able to post our syllabus, powerpoints and have students take tests/quizzes. I called my sales rep at Brady who wasn't much help. Any thoughts or comments from anyone would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Brandon

I love blackboard! I hate Web CT! WebCt does not like mac users at all while on blackboard i have never had a problem with logging on from my mac so that is something to consider. If your students don't have a PC then they'll find it difficult to log onto webct to get the information. I also think that blackboard is a much more user friendly platform for both the student and the instructor. Not sure about prices but I think balckboard is about $500 for a course? I would go with blackboard but that's just my opinion :) Good luck!

I use the Jones and Bartlett counterpart to the Course Compass.. but have used course compass in the past.. I like Compass better.. more user friendly.. I have had TONS of problems with the jbcourse site... and can't get grades posted like I'd like to. "Blackboard is very expensive.. there is a free "blackboard like" site called Moodle... but, I think it all depends on how tech savvy you are. Hope that was helpful.

JoAnne

Does anyone have any experience with Brady's CourseCompass, Blackboard or WebCT? I am wanting to use it for the next EMT class I hold here but I don't know which of the programs I need or if I need all of them. I was wanting to be able to post our syllabus, powerpoints and have students take tests/quizzes. I called my sales rep at Brady who wasn't much help. Any thoughts or comments from anyone would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Brandon

[Hey I've had some experience with the Blackboard and you don't need any programs it's pretty much a website. To set it up is just like what you did here. E-mail address, password, helpful hint is to bookmark it.

Best of luck]

I'm a student and all of my instructors/clinical coordinators use blackboard. I love it. It's easy to for us to use and has a lot of great tools. We have powerpoints, reweiw aids, syllabus, schedules, external links, discussion boards, everything. I haven't used the others so I can't give you a comparison.

I"m using Course Compass, and haven't had any problems with it.

From what I understand, with Course Compass, you (as an instructor) can even tell if your students are cheating on their tests, as its got some sort of 'keylogger' in it.

My instructor told us that she can see every key stroke, and if we navigate to another site during testing, it will boot us out for cheating.

I use Blackboard. My school just upgraded from WebCT.

It has the same tracker feature. It keeps track of which students have logged into which modules, and how much time was spent in each, so you can track a student's progress/effort.

It seems to be compatable with all the usuals (powerpoint, adobe, word etc). It also has timed exams and such.