Gift Ideas

strippel

Sorry I haven't been on in quite a while. I have been very busy with my new job.

But anyway...

The girl I'm seeing will be graduating paramedic school in the next 2 months. I am looking for a gift for her. I don't want to go with the standard new steth , t-shirts, or EMS jewelry.

If anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

Thank You.

I know you said you didn't like the idea of standard ems jewelry, but the guy i was seeing when I passed my class gave me a 24k gold necklace of a star of life with my id number engraved on the back...

another nice idea is a good sturdy practical but nice looking watch.

http://www.citizenwatch.com/COA/English/de...mber=EW0620-52E

that's the watch that I have and is a good price, never needs batteries, and has really been durable with hospital and ems use.. and it's easy to decon if i get blood on it!

Good luck!

...The girl I'm seeing will be graduating paramedic school in the next 2 months. I am looking for a gift for her. I don't want to go with the standard new steth , t-shirts, or EMS jewelry...

That is so sweet to recognize her graduation. If she was finishing as an accountant, would you get her a calculator? You mentioned you didn't want to go with the standard EMS stuff..

So why not get her something for her house? Something decorative she will have and will be around that will remind of her of you, and the occasion. Windchimes, something for her garden, a gift that signifies your interests together outside work.

Just a thought. :)

I know you said you didn't like the idea of standard ems jewelry, but the guy i was seeing when I passed my class gave me a 24k gold necklace of a star of life with my id number engraved on the back...

another nice idea is a good sturdy practical but nice looking watch.

http://www.citizenwatch.com/COA/English/de...mber=EW0620-52E

that's the watch that I have and is a good price, never needs batteries, and has really been durable with hospital and ems use.. and it's easy to decon if i get blood on it!

Good luck!

I have the boy version, great watches!!

Couple of gift certificates for massage for those first few sore back days. A coffee card for Starbucks with a big balance. A good neck pillow for naps on long standbys. A couple good pairs of socks. A pair of big shears.

Whatever you do, add flowers. Cannot go wrong with flowers. It'll overcompensate for any perceived failure in the gift-giving or any other department. Women love flowers. Did I mention that flowers are a good gift for women? Seems too easy and unoriginal, I know, but when in Rome, get flowers.

And they must be cut flowers, nothing potted. It's gotta be mortal; it has to have a temporary life-span, it's gotta be dying. Somehow that implies sacrifice. Don't stop to analyze, it'll get you nowhere. Just give flowers, and if you're in doubt, flowers. Other gifts are great, target her personal tastes, needs, preferences - but flowers as a safety-net. Cut flowers look her face to face, and (I'm convinced) somewhere unconsciously she must believe they have chosen to die personally for her, smiling at her, praising her.* Don't think about it, just do it.

With an epi-pen if you suspect allergies, but tastefully disguised as an orchid.

Did I mention flowers? They're good too. Go, Tiger!

*Edit: You should believe it too.

Edited by Michael

...And they must be cut flowers, nothing potted. It's gotta be mortal; it has to have a temporary life-span, it's gotta be dying. Somehow that implies sacrifice. Don't stop to analyze, ...

*Edit: You should believe it too.

You missed my birthday Michael, but I think I am glad.

How about a private indoor picnic ... have a trail of Hershey kisses or heart shaped chocolate candy leading the way to the picnic area from when she first walks into the place, maybe some balloons in the room a small gift something homemade ...poem or something ... play her favorite music make her favorite food ... perhaps get a henna tattoo kit, and well you should know the rest...