Affirmative Action Stupidity

Dustdevil

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ROFL! Gotta love the unintentional racial slurs in a discussion on racism.

You think I'm being racist against myself!?! LOL have you seen my legs? They would light up the back yard on a dark stary night.

Hm. Guess my attempt to offer up explanations that take into account cultural and racial differences and education weren't INTERESTING enough to warrant comment.

This is why this cycle will NEVER END... people don't care about addressing the actual problem...

Wendy

CO EMT-B

Well I think Chris Rock said it best: " There isnt a single white person who would "switch" places with me (become black) , and I am a millionaire !" Thats how good it is to be white. Even if you are poor white trash you wouldnt switch to black. Call it prejudice, racism, or whatever you like.

Well I think Chris Rock said it best: " There isnt a single white person who would "switch" places with me (become black) , and I am a millionaire !" Thats how good it is to be white. Even if you are poor white trash you wouldnt switch to black. Call it prejudice, racism, or whatever you like.

I like quotes from this fella Obama personally and he is most likely is one of the most powerful people in the world as we speak, not a comic, Hey, I bet Hillary Clinton wishes she was black and looked like Hallie Barry and Micheal Jackson wishes he was black "again" too, poor Micheal J. he just can't get a brake !

Self Pity

D.W. Lawrence

I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself.

A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.

I believe Barack may have read D.W. Lawrence, I doubt very much that Chris Rock has taken the time, besides if there is not a double standard then I could tell the same joke's that Chris Rock does but that would be racest if it came from a "Whiteys" mouth.

Reverse Discrimination is alive and well and political correctness is aimed at only one group.

cheers

Edited by tniuqs

Hm. Guess my attempt to offer up explanations that take into account cultural and racial differences and education weren't INTERESTING enough to warrant comment.

This is why this cycle will NEVER END... people don't care about addressing the actual problem...

Wendy

CO EMT-B

Sorry Wendy but I think the opportunity for open discourse was lost pages ago. Too many axes to grind on both sides pulled this off track.

Brady not calling you racist, just found "gyped" ironically hilarious in the current discussion. I'd probably find "cracker" hilarious too if someone could find a way to work it into a sentence.

I call it irrelevant.

So if Chris Rock said it, then it must be true. Actually, I find him damn funny most of the time, but if he is your social barometer or philosophy yard stick, that's a problem. He's a comedian who gets paid to say outrageous things and to make people laugh.

There is something fundamentally wrong with a person who wants to be someone else. The issue is not of racism, it's a matter of knowing who and what you are and if you aren't happy, then it's YOUR RESPONSIBILITY to change. I am not responsible for your problems or that of someone else's race.

Assuming we agree that education is key to getting ahead; without it it's almost certain you will struggle your whole life. There is NO VALID REASON why someone cannot stay in school and get an education. NONE. Unfortunately, there is also no promise of success FOR ANYONE in this world unless you are born with a silver spoon. That leaves out about 90% of the people, so that means we ALL need to work to get ahead. Everything else is a personal choice- deciding whether or not to join a gang, deciding whether or not to break the law, do or sell drugs, deciding to have a baby with no job and no education.

Unless you are saying that black people can't compete on a level playing field, your argument is flawed.

Hey crotch, whilst I understand you are terribly busy making excuses for yourself and every other lazy person out there, I would still encourage you to make an effort to obtain a copy of Gifted Hands by Dr. Ben Carson. If you can't read it because the white folk have kept you from proper schoolin', no worries, it became a made for TV movie last winter.

Dr. Ben Carson is the head of pediatric neurosurgery at Johns Hopkins Hospital. If he had made excuses about the white man, the ghetto, having a single mother and a smaller brother to take care of, several children would not be alive. He stepped up the plate, manned up and fought though ever obstacle he came up against. He took responsibility for himself and his actions.

I'm white. Hell, I'm so white I glow in the dark. I don't tan or burn, I stay a pleasant shade of alabaster all year. Dr. Carson is my hero, and has been since I was a little child. I would give up my ability to walk to be the type of person he is, and I'd switch places with him in a heartbeat. Incidentally, he is BLACK.

You may think about getting some new tennis balls for your racism crutches, they're a bit worn out.

You are correct about one thing, I'd never switch places with someone like Chris Rock. I find him to be vulgar and tasteless. That's not the type of person I want to be.

Yes, we have had a whole 50 years to catch up to your generations of being educated, sorry we disappointed.

So education is genetic? I didn't realize that my study habits were part of my DNA. How does the fact that black slaves weren't given an education affect how black New Haven firefighters applied themselves for a promotional test in the 21st century?

I agree with a lot of what has been said here, carpe diem and the like. I really think to a large degree that you can work your way out just about anything, including whatever type of racism is in place. That said, most if not all of the comments in response to crochity medic have been made by white people. Having not spent any time in the shoes of a black man, I don't really feel qualified to make sweeping judgments on the topic...except for one: chris rock is damn funny, and if you find him tasteless, your probably no fun yourself.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.