BLS Instructor needing provider cards

I am looking for any assistance in this issue. My TCC is requiring all BLS Instructors to also carry a provider card. This is not a problem for me, however some of the older instructors seem to be disturbed about it. I am trying to determine if this is a TCC requirement or an AHA requirement. Can anyone help???

I am looking for any assistance in this issue. My TCC is requiring all BLS Instructors to also carry a provider card. This is not a problem for me, however some of the older instructors seem to be disturbed about it. I am trying to determine if this is a TCC requirement or an AHA requirement. Can anyone help???

I would want to know why they want duplicate cards. Appears they have an office jock; that don't seem to understand to instruct also means you met the standards as you passed the course. Just pay the $5 & give up trying to understand some people.

R/r 911

To stay qualified as an AHA BLS instructor, you have to teach so many hours or assist in so many every 2 years. You have to re-cert just like everyone else.

Making you take the BLS course and re-cert instructor is just retarded. I would call the AHA and ask them.

Berks/Schuylkill

Building A, Suite #10

25 Stevens Lane

West Lawn, PA 19609

phone: (610) 678-8871

fax: (610) 678-8845

should be the local contact for you in Reading. I am in Schuylkill.. I understand your pain in their ignorance. I have been trying to get info on a BLS instructor course from them for awhile.

I am in Schuylkill.. I understand your pain in their ignorance. I have been trying to get info on a BLS instructor course from them for awhile.

I believe Exeter Ambulance is holding an AHA Core Class and BLS instructor class. 610-779-7687. I'm not sure when.

• 1 month later...

My TCC requires the same thing. I am thinking it is something new with AHA. If someone else didn't tell them to do it they wouldn't require us to have a provider card as well.

My TCC requires you to test off just like the poeple you teach. How can you teach it if you can not do it yourself. I have an instructor card and a Health care Provider card. But its been that way ever since I started teaching I have had both cards.

• 4 months later...

My TCC requires the same thing. I am thinking it is something new with AHA. If someone else didn't tell them to do it they wouldn't require us to have a provider card as well.

My TC started requiring this about a year ago. I think it was one of those things we were supposed to be doing anyway just nobody was and the Heart finally noticed. But since you have to take the written and demonstrate skills anyway when I renew instructors they just get 2 cards no big deal.

Why would they miss a change to charge you for another card?

I didnt have to pay extra for mine it was included in the instructor course so there was no extra charge.