Can You Read This?

Lone Star

Who says it's the upper 55%?

fi yuo cna raed tihs, yuo hvae a sgtrane mnid too. Cna yuo raed tihs? Olny 55 plepoe out of 100 can.

i cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg!

The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae.

The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm.

Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

Azanmig huh?

yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!

:o :o :D

:search::unsure: :unsure:

Actually, the first line of the text said that. Fifty-five out of 100 people equals 55%

50 lashes for Donavan for poor comprehension and retention!

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Actually, the first line of the text said that. Fifty-five out of 100 people equals 55%

It says fifty-five out of every hundred people, but nowhere does it say they are the upper fifty-five percent. :-p

It says fifty-five out of every hundred people, but nowhere does it say they are the upper fifty-five percent. :-p

Since they're referring to something that the 55% CAN do, as opposed to the 45% that CAN'T; the logical conclusion would be that they're referring to the 'upper 55%'.

50 more lashes for not using logic

I like that logic and hey I'm getting a great free show watching this lashing take place, all we need now is Terri and Annie sitting there doing their knitting at the giloutine and we would be right on target ;)

Wlel im nrmoal I tihnk

And Lone I will be there to watch so make sure your at your best :P

Thnkas for kepineg on my teos!

:lol::lol::P;)

I like that logic and hey I'm getting a great free show watching this lashing take place, all we need now is Terri and Annie sitting there doing their knitting at the giloutine and we would be right on target ;)

ahh..you're just jealous that you're not the one getting the lashings!

:lol::lol::lol:B)

Since they're referring to something that the 55% CAN do, as opposed to the 45% that CAN'T; the logical conclusion would be that they're referring to the 'upper 55%'.

50 more lashes for not using logic

Not necessarily. Less than one percent of americans are skilled auto mechanics and can take a car apart and put it back together again. That doesn't make them the top one percent of society. For anyone who thinks this is different because it isn't an innate skill, neither is reading, and some people are better at reading than others, even with proper education, just as some auto mechanics are better at it than others with the same training.

More likely it's the fifty-five percent who fall near the center of the bell-curve. People of higher and lower intelligence have minds that work in different ways. Think Forrest Gump and John Nash (the subject of A Beautiful Mind.) Gump would probably fixate on the improper spelling and would trip up more easily, and Nash would probably glance at it and decide it's not worth his time to decipher.

*pokes Scotty with her knitting needle*

But I agree with Donavan though its all in the mind. People are different and their minds work at different levels. We are all good at something and bad at something and in the long run it all evens out to make us what we are. But who says the world is logical all the time people make the "logic" in their own minds and then put it out for us to decide if we agree or not. So I am guess that LOGIC is another one of those gray areas of the brain that might need a government grant to study. ;)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.