77 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dixie, seems your placing the blame on "your higher power".. just because you are christian, Jewish, Muslim, Buddha, etc.. bad things happen to all people. All faiths have "horrible events" that occur, within the circle of members.. it shouldn't but it does. Unfortunately, it happened to you.. those who really know the love of Christ, being a Christian would never condone such behavior, that occurred.

Tragic events that occurred in your life, should not had happened. Learning how to deal with them appropriately is the hard thing.. many people do develop a faith & helps them through the tough times. Along with this many have found professional counseling is worthwhile as well. Behavior & addiction problems is a tragic problem that plagues many people today. Most cannot overcome by-themselves.

I personally believe all medics should have a "mind wellness check" every few years with the things we see & deal with daily. The EMS system would benefit from it. Since we already have one of the highest, suicide, divorce, chemical dependency, burn-out profession there is. If we took care of ourselves emotionally, we would probably have less turn-around in EMS.

I truly wish you the best of luck, & success. As a Christian, I am sorry for what occurred to you, & the hurt & pain that it has caused you. I wish you peace.

Peace,

Ridryder 911

Tibby,

So, when exploring the tenants of the Roman Catholic faith, you'll be relying on Webster's Dictionary for the definitive final word on what is and what isn't a Roman Catholic?

The argument is flawed for 2 reasons:

1. The Roman Catholics have a defined, set group of philosophies, they have an 800 page Catechism and an even bigger Bible, so that we are able to learn exactly what they believe. We do not NEED to resort to outside sources such as the Dictionary to learn what they believe. Deism is not an organized faith like that. They do not have a Holy book, they do not have a leader or council that can sit down and set up a statement of faith. Roman Catholicism and Deism are 2 totally different animals.

2. As a matter of fact, I do use Webster's Dictionary. That is what it is there for. When I have a question about a word or phrase, the Dictionary has religious terms in it, and can be a valuable tool. Look up Transubstantiation in the Dictionary, for example.

Gosh, how shortsighted.

Shortsighted? How is using a tool that has been around for hundreds of years, like a Dictionary, to its expressed purpose shortsighted?

I don't have a close personal relationship with Deism. I only know what I've read and talked about in my various history and philosophy courses. Feel free to contact the webmaster at deism.com and notify them that they have mislabeled themselves.

Well, unlike you, I have experienced it firsthand, I personally know Deist. Was even taught Philosophy by one in College. Deism is about God making the Universe, then leaving it to its own devices.

Yes I believe in evolution.

I'm floored this thread has remained civil and mostly free of debate. Kudos to us.

Most places I post the profanity would have started on the first page and the thread would be 10 pages long by now.

I still don't see this thread going anywhere good...

Different Types of Evolutionists ::

Naturalistic evolutionists - Universe originated 15 billion years ago; the earth came long around 5 billion years ago and life began probably as bacteria and has evolved ever since. The process of evolution has been driven by purely natural forces, without input from a God or a higher power.

Theistic evolution: Close to naturalistic evolution, except that God used evolution as a tool to guide the development of the different species.

Different Types of Creationists ::

Creationists #1 - Do not believe in the theory of universal common descnt. Humanity was created by God in one act of creation.

Creation Biologists - Believe God created many different forms of life and that evolution has subsequently occured.

Creationists #3 - Reject all forms of evolution; God created all organisms so the DNA code could be used universally. Also believe each species was individually created.

Big Bang Theory - The earth and other planets coalesced out of stellar material many billions of years ago. A few billion years in the past, the first elementary forms of life appeared; these evolved into the multiplicity of species that we see today, including humanity.

Basic Beliefs of some World Religions ::

Buddhists - Creation occurs repeatedly throughout time.

Christianity & Judiasm - Many different beliefs.

Hindu - Pursa is a man and his body is the entire universe - or - in the Vadas, it is said that creation is from the breath of the God Vishnu's breath.

Islam - Some believe in theistic evolution; others don't believe in evolution at all.

Jainism - No creator at all.

Ancient Pagan religions - A Goddess created heaven and earth

China - Creation began with a cosmic egg

Ifa - heaven and earth used to exist without humans; a 'God' created himself, then created human beings.

And the list goes on and on......

(This is not a religious debate on modern religions, but more what world religions and those with certain faiths have accepted as a creation story. There are many other aspects of a religion (ie: death, going to heaven, reincarnation, daily living). For the sake of everyone here, let's focus on where the world came from, not how members of religions behave now in society :lol:

Oh yes...and I still challenge the 20+% people responding to this survey to explain to me why they do not believe in evolutionary theory...

And tell me you believe in Creationism theory...

Ignore this man. The subsequent argument is not worth wasting breath on either side. Not here anyway...

As a Rastafarian, I believe in.......

Guesses???

Anyone????

You are so baked you believe in anything.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.