77 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I looked at the map in Time magazine, and surprise, surprise, its the states in the bible belt of the south that are pushing this "intelligent design back-door to lovin' jaysus" stuff. I say, let them. New England, the Mid-Atlantic states, much of the Midwest, the West Coast, we all say "SAY WHAT?" when someone says "let's make up some wacky theories to why we are the way we are rather than the scientifically validated ones".

If the south wants to remain steeped in the Middle Ages, they can knock themselves out. Their children will be less prepared for the reality of a science and technology driven world, leaving more jobs and opportunity for those of us who paid attention in biology class. Like Darwin said, its survival of the fittest.

Eeeeeexxxxcellent Smithers, excellent.

Now too bad we can't make them into their own country. Hard to believe we fought a war and lost several hundred thousand good men in order to keep the ancestors of these idiots in our country B)

While reading some of the posts, I just kept thinking of some of the panel's from "The Far Side" by Gary Larson.

Can anyone else visualize the image of the Almighty in his workshop, sitting on a stool, holding his toes, and saying "Good gravy, I'm a fool" or is it just me?

Let me preface my comment by saying that I disagree with the more... ummm... long-winded... posters on this thread. I have a firm belief in God, the Bible, and creationism. I will not debate it simply because it would be an exercise in futility... you WON'T change my mind and I doubt I'll change yours...

That said, I'm going to borrow a quote from an older, wiser firefighter that made the following comment, which I have found to be true...

"I've never met an atheist inside a structure fire... especially when the floor gets spongy and the roof starts creaking and screaming..."

Let me preface my comment by saying that I disagree with the more... ummm... long-winded... posters on this thread. I have a firm belief in God, the Bible, and creationism. I will not debate it simply because it would be an exercise in futility... you WON'T change my mind and I doubt I'll change yours...

At least give an example on which you base your faith to this "long-winded" poster. Man, I wish you commented when this thread was at its high point...

If you read the thread in it entirety, comment, please. I'm open minded...but apparently YOU'RE not.

MMMM this post is about trying to get people to talk/debate thier own personal views then bashing them for chosing whether they say something or not.

Why dont people get it that that is the main reason for not bothering.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.