Evolution

Tibby

Do you believe in Evolution?  

77 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No

the Jesus factor in most religions separates them from the ones who do not believe that he ever existed

There are very few religions that do not believe he existed, they just don't believe various things about him such as performing miracles, God's son, etc....

Probably the reason why those people don't believe he existed is because over 90% of the world's population have never even seen a Bible......

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are very few religions that do not believe he existed, they just don't believe various things about him such as performing miracles, God's son, etc....

When I first read this, I thought you said that a "Jesus" is referenced in all respective documents that the majority of each individual religion is based on. I was like "whoa" perhaps a unifying principal in religion, not that it proves the existance in a higher being, but still. I admit I am not even rudimentarily schooled in world religion. I now know what you mean...

Did Jesus the man exist? Probably. Did L. Ron Hubbard? Yup. Did Marshall Applewhite exist? Yup, but not anymore...

Very true Co,

and some believe he was just a profit

You are missing many, many points here Angelkiss.

I will tell you this....

I am born from the great creator. I was born just now, in your form to tell you the things that are true. All those things that you saw vs-eh? writing before, that was the great creator's plan, as it is my plan speaking to you now. But know this, I have just been born to this earth now. The creator of the universe sure set me up in a shitey pad though....

Do you believe that? Why not?

My intention isn't to degrade this post. It is remaining remarkably civil. But my above comments are made to illustrate a point.

CO: ~33% of the world is Christian.

I'd wager that at least another 1/3 of the remaining world's population has encountered a Christian missionary or other Christian proselytizer (they try pretty hard).

I do see the point you are making.

Your other posts are excellent too.

---

Angelkiss, I don't question your understanding of Christianity. You are correct that you don't need a PhD to debate here, but you clearly lack a basic understanding of non-Judeo-Christian relgions.

And you meant to type "prophet" not "profit"

Speaking of economics...

Pascal's Wager.

1. One does not know whether God exists.

2. Not believing in God is bad for one's eternal soul if God does exist.

3. Believing in God is of no consequence if God does not exist.

4. Therefore it is in one's interest to believe in God.

I'm not an Athiest. Nor I am not planning on arguing my personal beliefs here because they are personal. However, for entertaining arguments' sake, this is what the athiest might respond with:

"There is a logical construct at play here. Here is a parable:"

And there goes the SAR tones.... AGAIN!!!!!!!

Your other posts are excellent too.

Mine or CO's? Oh, Oh....sorry....

Nor I am not planning on arguing my personal beliefs here because they are personal.

Oh..... so you are planning on arguing your personal beliefs...An arogant Canadian pointing out the double negative.... :P

Heh, I like the whole phone call thing though.

For lack of a better universal cultural example...

We live in THE MATRIX.

I agree.

An omnipotent, omnipresent, omniscience being overlooks the universe, and created it.

I agree.

I would hope that EVERYONE agree's to the above. If anything, due to the fact that we cannot currently postulate, fathom, let alone prove otherwise. And trust me I hope, but don't count on, it will be shown in my life time "where we came from". These are ages old arguments. It would be ignorant not to think so, these are questions that have endured since our species existed.

I would never ever doubt the impact that religion has on our lives. To some extent, no matter how loosely interpreted we are all religious. But that is just the human in me, I know no different. Don't believe the word of man, for he was, as you are, a thinking/expressive/rational person. A persuasive species we are, likely one of infinite.

We are likely "descended" from common ancestors.From apes. From fish. From slugs. We share DNA. That is the most probable theory right now. But as I have said, paradigms shift. I dunno I have only been around for 20+ years. I only know of television, the Internet, DVD's....I cannot even think of what people 90+ years old think today. Oh what a wondrous world we live in? Or do they?

I wish I knew.

I didn't mean to sound as if I chose Christianity on Pascal's wager. It has been something that I've resolved for myself to be true. Better stated, I will continue to live as a Christian (the best I can). I will not judge another for their religious beliefs, nor will I try to get them to see my point of view if uninvited. I'm open for discussion, but proselytization is not for me.

In saying that the world religions have more in common than they have different, I didn't mean to say that, when taken together, they are the same thing. Rather, most have a common thread of doing good; one can generalize that the believer improves themselves in body, mind, and/or spirit.

I didn't mean to sound as if I chose Christianity on Pascal's wager.
If you were thinking I was implying that, I assure you I was not. I was merely making an observation on the construct that vs-eh present.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.